Wiring up super tweeters help!

Keveeno

I have 4 selenium st400 blk super tweets, looking to wire these up to there very own amp. No mids will be played on this amp, just the tweets. What is the best way of going about doing this? Do I need some type of crossover to directly connect the tweets to the amp or what? These tweets are single 8 ohm coils, shall I wire these up together to narrow the impedance down to a 2 ohm load and use a mono block amp or what?

most deff ur gonna need a crossover whether passive or active your gonna want one and cross it over at your preference which is normally 3.5k and up or 5k and up just pends on the tweeter or the person

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

if your doing 2 in each door i would get a 2 channel amp..

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

u could simply get a 2ch amp that has a HP frequency band to your desired frequency...if u go with an inline crossover, ur stuck on that crossover point...if u get an amp that allows u to change the crossover point, u can listen and see which sounds best

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

not a lot of amps have a filter that can go that high. maybe look into a sound processor. or you could make your own filter but i dont know how to do that. im sure you could find info on it from someone on this forum though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

could set it in high pass for the tweets and adjust it to about 3.5k-4k or where ever you want it.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived