Sonic Electronix

2 Ohm/1 Ohm option when buying A subwoofer

A dual 1 ohm would be 2 ohm (series) or 0.5 ohm (parallel). If your only running 1 of the 15's, I would personally buy a dual 1 ohm, then series it up to 2 ohm. I say this because the amp isn't 0.5 ohm stable, plus the sub is rated for 3000 rms. I know it can probably handle more, But if you add a speaker later, then you can run them both in series up to 2 ohm, then parallel them together for a 1 ohm total load. Depending on your voltages, that amp should be able to handle 2 of those speakers.

How many subs, & how many voice coils?

EDIT: Sorry, ... I just saw a SP4 is a DVC driver.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

Dual 1 would have an outcome of 0.5 ohms or 2 ohms. If I were you Id wire down to .5 ohm and just set the gains back a tad. I got an AQ3500 wired down to .70 ohms on 2 XL 10s and it is wonderful!.

Perfect. This is what I wanted. So I guess I'll wire to 2 Ohms for break in, poke around with 1 ohm untill I get my d3100/singerHO and then wire to 0.5. How much more can you power FI Subs? I've seen someone push the sub I want to like 5k watts and it's 3000RMS, do high end companys always underrate?

Im not sure how you'll wire down to 1 ohm from 2 ohms. You'd have to have different coils on your subs to go from a 2 ohm load to a 1 ohm load. And most high end sub companies such as Fi do under rate their subs and what they can handle. But you have to know what you're doing when you over power a sub. Even the most well built under rated sub can blow if put in the hands of an inexperienced person throwing double the power on it. Just keep that in mind.

Match the sub to your amplifiers optimum output impedance and dont try and get all creative by going lower than that impedance. If you were ready to start being a wiring wiz you wouldn't be asking this remedial of a question. Gotta crawl b4 you walk there , Usain Bolt

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Lol at telling him to run it at a half of ohm you dont even know what his electrcal is like or his experience obviuos not alot with this question... so op get the dual 2 and run it at 1... id get the 2200 too and if you decide on another sub later get another 2200

Archived