Second Skin Audio

Certain kind songs hertz can cause protection if not tuned box?

wowfun2

My friend is running 0 gauge power all 4 inputs, and he is also running big 3 upgrade which helps a little bit. I know he is going to need at least 2 more batteries but does he also need 230amps alternator or is he fine with stock as long he gets another 2-4 more batteries?

How is that possible going to hurt the amps if he is running low voltage, explain please? The guy who posted about he ran 9 voltage... I've seen people run their system at 9-10 voltage without anyproblems, however isn't proving more unleash power.

2 12 Kickers CVR | Kenwood 9105D @ 2 Ohms | Box tuned 39 hertz low custom | Nissan Maxima 01 SE 3.5 | I have no idea what my dB at :shrug:

"If you hear me Booming around the block then you better be prepared to call the police on me before I drive-by your house!" :roflmao: :asskiss:

"Boom cars so goddamn loud it ridiculous, hey excuse me what about your fartcan back of your car vroom, vroom!" :crazy:

You shouldn't run amplifiers on that low of voltage. You risk frying the components when running that low. Yes I dropped to the 9s but I didn't continue to let it play when I noticed.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I would never let it drop to 9-10 volts mot only does it strain all your equipment.. but im pretty sure not posotive but pretty sure ot can damage your battery and maybe alt i know it will definitly shorten the life of them..

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

the thing you must realize too, decaf's songs are meant to push a system to its limits, and if your not careful. can easily push it beyond its limits.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

he needs the biggest alt he can get for his car. like at least a 250 or a 300.

low voltage = more stress = more heat on the internal components since they have to work harder to make a given output. heat kills electronics.

Can't imagine how low he is dropping... I dropped my old AQ2200 to 9v's once on accident and it didn't even go into protect.

You took my post, right outta my mouth.

If in fact the amp is going into low voltage protection, my god, thats gotta be wicked low.

Put a meter on it, and play it again. Use the MIN/MAX/AVERAGE mode on the meter if you have the option. I wanna see the LOWEST it sees.

Its odd, cuz, Ive read more than once on this forum, about a amp protecting ONLY at a specific freq. Maybe he is at .5 ohm wise, and its ok with rise at higher freq's then, protects for impedance at that 25hz. (im just tossing shit around guys, so dont go ham on me)

Also, before everyone flames me, yes, i see he is off on a bat bank, and even supply, but, to protect that amp with low voltage, like 8.5v low, id think, the amp would be protecting more than just the ONE song that plays that low.

If it was me, yes, id add bank, and supply, BUT, id also be sniffing around. Hell, not even sniffing, id go through and have a meter, and clamp on everything. Just for kicks....I love that shit.... lol

you guys are assuming strapped...couldnt he be running each at 2ohms? Then what still like 5k on stock electrical right? Still really bad

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

How many batteries do I need for 8k? 1?... Cool.

All seriousness from here, I'd recommend 4 group 31's if NOT Xs power. And 2 group 31's if d3100's. ATLEAST a 320 amp alternator. And make sure he has good 1/0... There are great brands everywhere now, no need to run cheap wires. AT KNU SHCA. and get a damn volt meter. I ran my Skar down to 10.4v once and it didn't protect... That was before I delt with my electrical properly. Your prob dipping below 9v. Not only will you have broken amps that are built like a tank to begin with, but his computer in the Tahoe will be fried for low voltage aswell.

Wanna play the audio game better get electrical or your gonna have to replace 2k worth of audio equipment, 3k worth of car computers and such, and then have to upgrade the electrical properly anyways for another 1500+. But hey. Don't mind me, I could be wrong. Demo full tilt and see

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Can't imagine how low he is dropping... I dropped my old AQ2200 to 9v's once on accident and it didn't even go into protect.

You took my post, right outta my mouth.

If in fact the amp is going into low voltage protection, my god, thats gotta be wicked low.

Put a meter on it, and play it again. Use the MIN/MAX/AVERAGE mode on the meter if you have the option. I wanna see the LOWEST it sees.

Its odd, cuz, Ive read more than once on this forum, about a amp protecting ONLY at a specific freq. Maybe he is at .5 ohm wise, and its ok with rise at higher freq's then, protects for impedance at that 25hz. (im just tossing shit around guys, so dont go ham on me)

Also, before everyone flames me, yes, i see he is off on a bat bank, and even supply, but, to protect that amp with low voltage, like 8.5v low, id think, the amp would be protecting more than just the ONE song that plays that low.

If it was me, yes, id add bank, and supply, BUT, id also be sniffing around. Hell, not even sniffing, id go through and have a meter, and clamp on everything. Just for kicks....I love that shit.... lol

Lower frequencies will pull more than higher ones IIRC, and playing down to 25hz on a Decaf song would cause some serious drop. Your guess about certain frequency causing it, could be. Only time ive really seen that though is when the person was wired stupidly low.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Archived