Sonic Electronix

what size wire you guys running for your volt meters

Do you know how much current that wire would have to pull to melt?? You have some serious issues if it melts.

My voltmeter stays on 24/7 if it had anywhere near the current draw to melt 20gauge wire I would have a dead battery all the time.

You might know a wire will melt if it can't handle the current draw, but you clearly have no idea how much draw is needed, or how much your meter draws.

Dont sweat the size wire, get some Primary wire form autozone and put it in..or whatever size wire that it came with. Don't sweat the small stuff man.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Just for info, 20ga wire handles 1.5amps....thats 18w-22w depending on voltage...your voltmeter will NEVER draw that much current..

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Just for info, 20ga wire handles 1.5amps....thats 18w-22w depending on voltage...your voltmeter will NEVER draw that much current..

Nope it simply just 'splodes

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I use 4/0

Why would the size matter dude? And blow up? What?

:rofl:

I don't do many likes but when I do its for post likes this

:ninja:

Well then....

NO on your choice of no more....

Dude, come on. You know how much i looked up to you and Rob when i had my trunk ?

Sad sad day when the NIJ wont play no more........

Sorry for thread jack.. but shit.... not cool...

you should buy a AD-1. Not only will it test your amps it will also test volt meters as well.

Meade better upgrade that volt meter that hes using for the 16v bank.. bish might take out teh entire ES EM DEE headquarterz

:ninja:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Man you have to buy some pure silver 8ga wire to hook up your volt meters. Those things are really dangerous if you dont wire them up properly. I had one mounted on my lower dash wired up with some 16ga wire and I had a voltage spike and the damn thing almost took my leg off when it blew.

Archived