Retrofitting and BiXenon Projectors

If you need any help on the wiring, or process to pop the lense open, just let me know.

What car is it?

2001 Dodge stratus sedan. So I will actually need to cut the factory plug off and wire those two wires? I have three on my plug. Hopefully it will come with a diagram, haven't purchased them yet.

These are the headlights

$(KGrHqF,!jEFDqg+gbZMBR!Wi)Kpu!~~60_3.JP

These are the projectors I plan on putting in. I have a 9007 bulb

http://retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?9007_9004_HB1_HB5_Complete_BiXenon_Projectors_Kit_G5_G3-pid648.html

Thanks everyone for the replies, especially Torres and Chris, answered most of my concerns

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Ohhh yours has the built in high and low. I hate those lights lol. If you have a DMM just scope the plug on the stock bulb to see which is the +12v for the low and +12v for the high. Simply set the dmm to 20v DC and then connect the negative to the negative of your battery and then use the positive probe to go to each wire until you find out which is the one for low and high. The remaining wire is your ground and you can confirm this by setting the dmm to read resistance and it should read 0 or very close to it.

With yours being like that idk if they make aftermarket adapters for it, I would think someone would but idk. If not its really easy and I would strongly advise to cut it about an inch or 2 from the stock plug so if you ever wanted to (you wouldn't with a retrofit as you can't go back but just saying I always do this with any harness i cut off) and then just connect the negative of the high beam solenoid to the common ground on your headlight harness or direct to the batteries negative terminal or the frame. Then take the positive wire off the solenoid and connect that to the +12v wire of the stock wiring harness for your OEM headlight. Now for the ballasts I would NOT advise you to just tap into the OEM wires, get a relay harness for them as the stock wires can't handle the surge of power that is drawn from a cold HID warming up and can cause the OEM wires to burn up or pop the fuse. Relay kits are super cheap and if one is not available you can always make one yourself for the cheap.

And to make sure you have everything you need, does your car have a bulb out system where it alerts you if a light bulb is blown? If you don't know the answer to this simply disconnect one of the light bulbs and turn on the headlights, if you have a warning chime play or a message on the dash that indicates a blown bulb you need a bypass for that otherwise you will constantly have that warning being displayed. You can drive it with that warning on but it can be annoying.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

just like kick ass audio said, they do make after market adapters, but they quoted me 20 bucks, i said screw that, and just splice into them.

and also, for the hids, i also got a relay kit for the hids. They usually come with them if you buy locally.

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

3-Iraggi 300 amp Alternators

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

(Soon to be 4 15" Ct Sounds EXO)

If you need any help on the wiring, or process to pop the lense open, just let me know.

What car is it?

2001 Dodge stratus sedan. So I will actually need to cut the factory plug off and wire those two wires? I have three on my plug. Hopefully it will come with a diagram, haven't purchased them yet.

These are the headlights

$(KGrHqF,!jEFDqg+gbZMBR!Wi)Kpu!~~60_3.JP

These are the projectors I plan on putting in. I have a 9007 bulb

http://retro-solutions.net/product-info.php?9007_9004_HB1_HB5_Complete_BiXenon_Projectors_Kit_G5_G3-pid648.html

Thanks everyone for the replies, especially Torres and Chris, answered most of my concerns

those headlights look like they should be easy to remove lens. I just heated mine up at 350 for 10 minutes. and they came straight off. Didn't need knife or anything, PLEASE wear two pair of gloves if latex. or some heavy duty ones, as the housings will be EXTREMELY hot.

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

Yeah I am good to go as far as wiring up the ballasts goes, the current setup I have does have a relay. Just haven't done anything with the projector housings before. My car doesn't have a bulb out alert, thank God.

Had a good chat with Kickass audio, pretty sure I'm good to go with everything. I will for sure contact one of you two if I get stuck somewhere along the line.

I did find out through him though that the projectors I planned on getting (listed above) are crap. So now am looking for a new projector kit. Would love to go with future vision. But there is no way right now I can afford that. Looking into the retrofit source and open to other companys for projectors.

Really appreciate the input

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I have a friend with a set of the ebay ones from the retrofitstore, they look EXCTLY like my morimotos.

you will have to change bulb though. h1 is probably the only bulbs that'll work.

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

retrofitstore or retrofit source?

yeah my bad

their store name is actually called

headlights_quick

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

You can take a look at my retrofit project in my build log if you like

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170706-hummer-h3-build/

*Hummer H3*

HeadUnit

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

Mids and Highs

8-CT Sounds Pro 8" 8ohm

4-CT Sounds Pro Tweeters

Amplifiers

1-CT Sounds 125.4

1-CT Sounds 60.4

1-CT Sounds 7000.1

Electrical

3-Runs of 1/0 CT Sounds

8-XS Power D3100

Subwoofers

4-SQ Hdc3 15" Subwoofers

the retrofit source is a good place to get everything. the guys there are really helpful too.

also just thought of this, but getting something like this:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

will be a LOT easier to do as the projector fits in the bulb housing. fitting and mounting the projector in is half the battle. i have the FX-R projectors and fitting those compared to the ones i linked is a whole different battle

Archived