Can you somehow hook up a desktop and run through a laptop

First off, i know how to use computers for basic shit, I've got 4 computers in my house including a laptop.

1 tower is like 7 years old, and has an unbelievable amount of music on it. The other other is used for just general work stuff at the desk,

Here is my question, I have a brand new 500GB dell zino HD, I got it a year ago, and I have literally turned it on once. And have never used it for anything what so ever, I turned it on, did the setup, and basically forgot about it, reason being? Nothing beats the convenience of my laptop, I like to be able to sit on the comfortable couch, watch some TV and play around on SMD checking out build logs and all that.

Is there any way to be able to hook up, or access that dell computer, so when I save something it saves on there, through my laptop. I know there is but I have no clue what I need to do, can I hook it up to it with a cord some how? or if it has to be done through wifi, what is needed?

I have tried searching for answers on google, but I just dont know how to properly word what im trying to do to give me any search results.

I would also like to get all my music editing software on to that computer, because its fresh, new and I know will run better, and faster.

Any help greatly appreciated. Would like this thing to not sit there collecting dust like it has been the last year and start getting some use out of it.

XS-power1.jpg

Messaged

Vehicle Build | Searching for a MK4 Jetta or Chevy Xtreme S-10Computer Build Log - Blue Moon | NZXT Phantom 410 | Unfinished/Sold

Computer Build Log - Blue Tsunami | Bitfenix Prodigy Cobalt Blue | Liquid Cooled!

use chrome remote... or logmein .... anything like that... works wonders!

First off, i know how to use computers for basic shit, I've got 4 computers in my house including a laptop.

1 tower is like 7 years old, and has an unbelievable amount of music on it. The other other is used for just general work stuff at the desk,

Here is my question, I have a brand new 500GB dell zino HD, I got it a year ago, and I have literally turned it on once. And have never used it for anything what so ever, I turned it on, did the setup, and basically forgot about it, reason being? Nothing beats the convenience of my laptop, I like to be able to sit on the comfortable couch, watch some TV and play around on SMD checking out build logs and all that.

Is there any way to be able to hook up, or access that dell computer, so when I save something it saves on there, through my laptop. I know there is but I have no clue what I need to do, can I hook it up to it with a cord some how? or if it has to be done through wifi, what is needed?

I have tried searching for answers on google, but I just dont know how to properly word what im trying to do to give me any search results.

I would also like to get all my music editing software on to that computer, because its fresh, new and I know will run better, and faster.

Any help greatly appreciated. Would like this thing to not sit there collecting dust like it has been the last year and start getting some use out of it.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Could TeamViewer be something he could use? Just download it for free and launch on both computers, then just control the desktop from the laptop.

If I misunderstood and are just wanting to use the files just setup a home group as beaker suggested.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I have used and I like TeamViewer

Vehicle Build | Searching for a MK4 Jetta or Chevy Xtreme S-10Computer Build Log - Blue Moon | NZXT Phantom 410 | Unfinished/Sold

Computer Build Log - Blue Tsunami | Bitfenix Prodigy Cobalt Blue | Liquid Cooled!

Teamviewer would be your best bet cause it will also port the sound across the network.

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

If both computers are on the same network, there should be no reason to use a 3rd party program. Just use mstsc and enable remote desktop on both machines.

i second this notion.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived