Sundown Audio

Amp with dual power/ground input question

HatersGonnaHate

The customer I'm building a box for and installing everything for is gonna be using an aq/sq 3500, which has the dual power and ground inputs, the question is, are there any negative affects that can come from only hooking up 1 set of power and ground inputs? I know the amp will get power and play, and I know it won't get the full/stable power of having both runs hooked up. But are there any negative affects that can come from it? I know dropping to lower voltage is a possibility, I'm just trying to get it through his head that it's better to have both runs hooked up.

Thanks in advance errrrrrbody.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

the way I was explained was that the boards are designed to be powered by both inputs being used.

using only one input fucks with the power supply in a certain way. I got the technical explanation given to me but what I remembered was YES, both must be used.

BTW, the explanation was given to me by a member here on the forum who works with one of the banners listed. If he wants to out himself or if anyone else wants to give you the technical low down I'm sure they will.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

tell him the amp is capable of pulling way more current (like, 100 amps or so) than a single run of 0 gauge can handle. thats why there are two sets of 0 gauge terminals.

if he wants to pull full power from the amp with one set of 0 gauge power/ground, tell him he should get ready to spend $700 on another amp soon. or buy a shit ton of new fuses/wire because they keep melting.

Thank you all, I think Kranny just hit it on the head right there. I know who you're talking about though Rolex ;).

This guy just wanted to run 1 set because he didn't want to run 2 runs from front to back, then he told me he picked up a second battery for the back, but still only wanted 1 power run. Doesn't know shit about systems, he came to me and said "bro, I just want to be loud". So I shall make him loud and do it with efficient electrical.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

why does the customer only want 1 run of power/ground? I mean they already dropped 700 plus on the amp whats a bit more for some wire

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Archived