Karkov Posted July 19, 2013 Report Posted July 19, 2013 Hey all, At this point in time I am keeping my substage to behind my second set of seats. That being said of course I will be riding with people in second row of seats prolly less than 25% of the time. I got kick panels for 6.5 " component set, my front 2 doors factory house 6.5" so i can easily add a component set up there as well. The rear 2 doors each have a 6.5" in them as well from factory so it would be really easy again to just add another set in them as well. What I am wondering is how important would it be to have a component set in the rear passengers doors for me as the driver to listen to? Are a lot of you out there doing it? Keep in mind there will be no sound behind the very front 2 seats without adding something to those doors and I have the amp power to add some more component sets to my build. I am just wondering if it's worth it to put speakers back there in those doors? At this point in time I am thinking a T3 RF component set in each pair of doors (so a 6.5" and 1" tweeter in each door) and then RF T5 in the front kick panels, and then i need to fit one more component set somewhere that will actually sound goo to the driver. This vehicle had no speakers in front dash or center console so.......oh, and I'm not adding speakers to the D-pillars, lol. Suggestions? 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
splzx3 Posted July 19, 2013 Report Posted July 19, 2013 will there be people in the back seat? if not put is all up front ________________________________________________________________________ deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said: splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said: i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD lol your mom is a G! WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.
Karkov Posted July 20, 2013 Author Report Posted July 20, 2013 Originally i was planning on putting it all up front but i thought since the 6.5" would fit right into the door it might be worth asking. People in back seat yes occasionally, not enough to concern myself with them though. I am planning on keeping this build as close to stock looking as possible. As in most front speakers hidden (minus the kick panels) and the sub-stage sits below the back seat. These vehicle come factory with flush mounted screens in some so that won't look out of place. Should be as very simple and basic looking yet Great sounding install. ANYWAYS, back to the point. Audibly is it worth while for the driver to have aftermarket speakers in the rear doors? I am trying to be able to utilize the whole inside of the vehicle minus storage in back once it's complete. With that being said just seems a miss to only have speakers in the way up front. However the rear doors i can see how they wouldn't really help as far as keeping up with the sub-stage. More thoughts? Opinions? Harsh comments, lol? Is it worth my time and money as driver to put speakers in rear doors? 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Swordlordboy1234 Posted July 20, 2013 Report Posted July 20, 2013 As a driver I only noticed my rear speakers when I didn't have a subwoofer. As soon as I got my woofer in I took my rear speakers out because it was just more rattles. Mine was a rear deck, yours sounds like doors. My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37 My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/ 2016 Mazda 6 Touring JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction B2 prototype DSP 6to8 B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set 2 B2 Class H quattro's 1 B2 Zero.5R @.5 2 B2 HNv3 12 d2 B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk Northstar Group 35 under the hood 100ft 2/0 welding cable 30ft 4ga welding cable 20ft 8ga welding cable All stinger OFC speaker wire Soundrive custom RCA's Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?
smashedz28 Posted July 20, 2013 Report Posted July 20, 2013 Spend your money on the front stage. I cut mine out long ago and won't be going back
Karkov Posted July 20, 2013 Author Report Posted July 20, 2013 Gotcha, thanks for all the input guys. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
bcbrassard Posted July 20, 2013 Report Posted July 20, 2013 You would save yourself about a grand by not putting rear speakers in. Rear fill or no rear fill is always tough to decide on. I did and as good as it sounds it was money I could have put into the front stage. All a personal choice but considerate carefully. Sounds like it will be a great set up which ever way you go. Good luck
Karkov Posted July 21, 2013 Author Report Posted July 21, 2013 Thanks, seeming like I will only do front stage and call it good. Thanks everyone for the responses. 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
RooTxBeeR Posted July 21, 2013 Report Posted July 21, 2013 I have rear speakers, and only because I ride with people in the back a good amount of the time. Now when in driving solo or just the front passenger, I actually mute the rear channel. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.