Bryan Posted February 23, 2008 Report Posted February 23, 2008 Ok some of you know that I have a Crunch GP 2500 on my AQ HDC3 15. Well lately the amp has been messing up on me, and finally quit this afternoon . Well I've been looking at both of these amps, and they fit the bill for what I need as of now. http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQamps.htm http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6336_-...+BXi+1606D.html I'm mainly leaning twoards the AQ, because its only about 20 bucks more, and it draws less amperage. Also I've read that the Bxi is overrated.Any imput before I buy would be appreciated. MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST 2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids MMATS 2000.05 XS Power D1200 Knukonceptz 1/0 Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB " Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy
LSN2meBoom916 Posted February 23, 2008 Report Posted February 23, 2008 I would say Go with the AudioQue amp. Hifonics is made by maxxonics...the same company that makes your hifonics amp thats crapping out. Go Audioque or Fosgate or Kicker...but I'd distance myself from the maxxonics company personally. COOGLE SAID:"bro thats how we got where we are... buy making messes ...... i still learn all the time you just gota be willing to ruck up some shit" "In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd." ~ Miguel de Unamuno"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men, but no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man" -Elbert Hubbard"A proud man can learn humility...but he will be proud of that too" ~I forget who.I'm far from perfect and I know it better than anyone, but I hope to be good at what I do, when I do it...Installs I've done:My Integra: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=3161The Lexus : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=1535Law's Maxima: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=5568&hl=Jeff's 2500HD: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=5382&hl=Acura RSX-S: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=3142Z-32 300zx: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=34602004 Civic 4dr: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=8190Trunk/Corner Box: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=16036&hl=1969 Chevy C-10: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=20319&hl=Seat-Back AMP-RACK How-to: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=9428&hl=Bunch of subs still for salehttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...l=lsn2meboom916"It's game night...we're playin......sex."~Quagmire"When disneyland started it was powered completely by orphan children running on treadmills to generate e-lectrissty…and today, them children are New York Yankees". ~Dale Gribble"Fill it with ice...then pour it up to the top of the ice...& Shut da Fu** up!" ~Urs truly.
pstone11 Posted February 23, 2008 Report Posted February 23, 2008 Are you set in stone on your amp choices? - Just lay out a price range and some minimum specs you need, I'm pretty sure we can help get you into the right amp. As for your choices.... I'd go with the 1606. I built a system with a 1606, 15" l7, it was nice, no problems with the amp. Not baggin' on AQ, just no experience with them. Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!
Jextel Posted February 23, 2008 Report Posted February 23, 2008 i have no experince with the audioque or hifionics but from what i have been reading and lookng at the AQ board i would say the AQ would be your best bet because the hifionuics will only put out 1400wrms while the AQ will put out 1400+wrms and thats underrated... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878TEAM DEADLY HERTZ "GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.
AI James Posted February 23, 2008 Report Posted February 23, 2008 i was speaking to DJ on ROE the other day and youll be able to get the Audioque 2200rms amp for 389 shipped in a week or so.
Jman08 Posted February 23, 2008 Report Posted February 23, 2008 i had to go cheap and get a bxi 1606 when my t1k smoked but so far im happy with it. for 217 bucks shipped at onlinecarstereo.com its not bad Youtube.com/J Hutch22
Bryan Posted February 23, 2008 Author Report Posted February 23, 2008 i was speaking to DJ on ROE the other day and youll be able to get the Audioque 2200rms amp for 389 shipped in a week or so.About 250 is all I have and the AQ is right at 249 shipped...Plus I do not have the electrical for it.. It draws 200-250 amps I believe?i had to go cheap and get a bxi 1606 when my t1k smoked but so far im happy with it. for 217 bucks shipped at onlinecarstereo.com its not badI do not trust OCS anymore....So it seems like AQ is what I will be purchasing. MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST 2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids MMATS 2000.05 XS Power D1200 Knukonceptz 1/0 Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB " Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy
audiofanaticz Posted February 23, 2008 Report Posted February 23, 2008 if all you got is 250, save a extra $100 up for this http://www.db-r.com/sell/store/index.php?productID=143 yea they are referbs, but come with a 1 year warrenty.
Bryan Posted February 23, 2008 Author Report Posted February 23, 2008 if all you got is 250, save a extra $100 up for thisseems like im going to have to save up 350 again if you catch my drift. MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST 2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids MMATS 2000.05 XS Power D1200 Knukonceptz 1/0 Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB " Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy
AI James Posted February 23, 2008 Report Posted February 23, 2008 yea for 350 those are decent just know that after shipping they are about the same price as the audioque. Also that audioque will only draw that 200-250 amps if your pushing the full 2200 out of it, you dont have to crank it
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.