Fatmat

loganberry

this is an on going debate...... I have used almost all including the cheap peel n seel but I have found hushmat works the best! It goes on easy and with little to no prep (cleaning of surfaces being placed on) and is reasonably priced. I used two layers in my burb and it really worked great!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Raamatt, Second Skin, Cascade, and i have no experience with it but i know steve and them use Hushmat.

IMO faymat, edead, sound destroyer are a waste of money and if you are going to put in all that work to deaden buy something specifially made for that purpose rather then asphalt based flame loving material.

Raamatt, Second Skin, Cascade, and i have no experience with it but i know steve and them use Hushmat.

IMO faymat, edead, sound destroyer are a waste of money and if you are going to put in all that work to deaden buy something specifially made for that purpose rather then asphalt based flame loving material.

ok, so if i get hushmat, how any layers should i use on my doors?

and do i do the HOLE door, or just around where the speaker is? nvr used this stuff before

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

I have used it and it so so. I bought from the company and their service is 0.

I ordered rattletrap they sent their regular stuff could not even get them on the phone emailbox full.

Stuff works avg not bad but got to be a clean surface. Hushmat is the oppisite. It will stick to anything.

Some got on my seat and still there! 1 layer should be good enough. Do as much as possible.

and do i do the HOLE door, or just around where the speaker is? nvr used this stuff before

well if you plan on doing a big system, I would do the inside area as much as possible to keep the outside of your door from shaking so much, then all solid metal areas on the inner door (part where the door panel connects to). What I did with mine.

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

i do the whole door and as much as i can afford to put on. our explorer has 4 layers of second skin damp pro on the outter panel and 2 inside and i'll probaby add more ramatt on top of that since i'll have a crapload left over after i do the hatch.

well if you plan on doing a big system, I would do the inside area as much as possible to keep the outside of your door from shaking so much, then all solid metal areas on the outside of the door (part where the door panel connects to). What I did with mine.

well im not doing anything to big, just a 6.5 component in each door, so how much should i do then?

and eventually 2 10" dc lvl 3's in the back

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

then a layer on each will be fine unless you go bigger later and will want to add more.

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived