Fatmat

loganberry

cover it like this.....

Now before yall go sayin anything, the 6x9" are gone, JL comps in the doors, and Kicker speaker wire has been ran....

do the inside of the door , the outer skin....

Posted Image

this piece go a bit wrinkled, it was the first door I did , so I tried to stick a piece way to big into that small hole, but I went back and used some leftover pieces over it.

Posted Image

this is after the outer skin was done, and this is the inner skin. some guys say you should make sheet metal plates and screw them down to cover all the holes, I didn't but I got some more product coming from second skin to do the back of the door panel itself, so I think I will buy a sheet of thin gauge steel and break out the tin snips and some sheet metal screws. I dont see where it is necessary, unless you need to get into the door shell alot, but I am gonna prolly do it anyway.

Posted Image

and this is my back gate....

Posted Image

Posted Image

dude installing sound deadener is work, straight up work. BUT VERY WORTH THE EFFORT !!!!!!! :)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

sound deadening gets addictive, see my sig, and notice the insulation in the back gate, I also stuffed the quarter panels with it to fill in the cavities, there are a few cans of spray foam in places that can't be seen - like the ribs up in the roof, and and the very bottom of the quarters, the suicide doors dont have any moving parts so they got sound deadener, and insulation... I then the other day ordered another bulk pack from second skin and 6 sheets of luxury liner to put down in the floor and the firewall, as far up as I can go without pulling the dash board and everything out.

The only bad part is if I ever post a video of my subs bumpin, there wont be too much flex happening......

this was my install thread on another forum...

sound deadener install....

another great place for help, with a few SMD members over there as well is the forum section on second skins web site...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

i had a friend that used fatmat on his whole tiburon and it seemed to work out pretty good, so i guess it cant be that bad. i have personally only used dynamat and its been great. good luck!

Too Much Stuff to list .

Dont know if anyone else seen this, but its pretty interesting!

Products Reviewed: B-Quiet Extreme and Ultimate, Brown Bread, Cascade Audio Engineering VB2, Dynamic Control Dynamat Original and Dynamat Xtreme, Elemental Designs eDead v1 and eDead v1SE, FatMat, RAAMaudio RAAMmat BXT, Second Skin Damplifier and Damplifier Pro

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/products/

Dont know if anyone else seen this, but its pretty interesting!

Products Reviewed: B-Quiet Extreme and Ultimate, Brown Bread, Cascade Audio Engineering VB2, Dynamic Control Dynamat Original and Dynamat Xtreme, Elemental Designs eDead v1 and eDead v1SE, FatMat, RAAMaudio RAAMmat BXT, Second Skin Damplifier and Damplifier Pro

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/products/

yea thats kinda an old article but still useful, hes been working on a part 2 to that showdown for quite some time now, but some of the lesser companies dont want to cooperate lol.

Loganberry, here are a couple of threads I've done as well. Coupled with Trainmans link above you'll be well armed to give it an educated first attempt.

Hope this helps:

Really basic fundamentals - http://www.buwaldahybrids.com/phpBB3/viewt...f=20&t=2076

Taking it to the next level - http://www.buwaldahybrids.com/phpBB3/viewt...f=20&t=2687

Archived