probillygun Posted July 27, 2013 Report Posted July 27, 2013 I just finished doing 8 Alpine 10's sealed in (.72 cubes per sub) I'm running a Rockford 2500 BDCP on all 8 subs and the bass sound boomy and not tight enough. (There is a divider separating the subs in the middle used for bracing and in case I want to add another 2500 at some point.) The total of the 2 boxes is 5.76 cubes net internal volume.I have four bags of this in the box (2 in each box)http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=260-317And I have this on all the internal walls (5 sides) of the box except the baffle the subs are on;http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=260-530This is the first system I ever did in an SUV (FJ cruiser) and the subs are in the cargo area 10" below the tops of the back seats all firing straight up towards the roof... Maybe its loading into the corner and giving me the boomy sound? Maybe I should try standing it up and fire subs straight forward? was a thought I had.... I'd attach a pic but doesnt look like theres an easy way to do that on this site.
SnowDrifter Posted July 27, 2013 Report Posted July 27, 2013 Try turning down your low pass filter on the amp to ~50hz ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
probillygun Posted July 27, 2013 Author Report Posted July 27, 2013 Ok, I will try that. Its at 65 HZ right now
ChevyBoy95 Posted July 27, 2013 Report Posted July 27, 2013 i feel like with all the polyfil and acousta-stuff, you are taking a good amount of the tightness away since you have so much absorption material on the inside. Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's] BL : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/
probillygun Posted July 27, 2013 Author Report Posted July 27, 2013 I can try taking it out...but my thought was it would help absorb the backwave of the sub and be less distortion coming back through the cone.
Joe X Posted July 28, 2013 Report Posted July 28, 2013 Get a photobucket or similar service account, upload the images there and post the links they provide over here. At least post the external dimensions of the box here.
bdog Posted July 28, 2013 Report Posted July 28, 2013 boomy in sealed can mean too big or you using too much polyfill REP
probillygun Posted July 28, 2013 Author Report Posted July 28, 2013 Get a photobucket or similar service account, upload the images there and post the links they provide over here. At least post the external dimensions of the box here.
probillygun Posted July 28, 2013 Author Report Posted July 28, 2013 It's 30"x 10" x 40" but I already mentioned the internal volume per sub. Not sure why you want external dimensions....???
probillygun Posted July 28, 2013 Author Report Posted July 28, 2013 boomy in sealed can mean too big or you using too much polyfill Ok. I.just removed all 4 pounds of acoustistuff. Testing it now. I also lowered the cross over to 50 Hz and set the time delay on the alpine head unit for 59" from my ears to the middle of the sub box
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.