Cox Posted August 2, 2013 Report Posted August 2, 2013 Does anyone know if they come with the glue, activator, and shims, or do you have to get that separate? Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
Brandonbkd Posted August 2, 2013 Report Posted August 2, 2013 Maybe shims but I'm more than certain it doesn't come with any glue FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!! 2003 Explorer Sport: FI BL18 SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm Pioneer DEH-2500UI Pioneer 6 x 8s Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s 5 ft^3 box at 35hz Lots of Mega Mat
Cox Posted August 2, 2013 Author Report Posted August 2, 2013 I know they have a glue kit and I can just get that but where can I get some shims? Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
CortezDTV Posted August 2, 2013 Report Posted August 2, 2013 I use peices of film paper or index cards SCSB Santa Cruz Speaker Box Build logs: Daily Driver Lemon Marquis 2 american bass 750.1s 350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters Mystery subs http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/
Real96SS Posted August 2, 2013 Report Posted August 2, 2013 Index cards and you will have to order the glue kit because Fi doesn't include them with recones Vehicle 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co) DNX9980HD 6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition) 3 DC 9k's 8 Nendo PWX 8's 4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters 1 DC Audio 175.4 1 DC Audio 90.4 Rockford 360.3 3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated) 21 D1600's 2 D4800's All SMD RCA's AudioTechnix Deadner Viper Alarm My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/ Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/
SnowDrifter Posted August 2, 2013 Report Posted August 2, 2013 You can order glue separately but TBH you are better off going to a local hobby shop for some black CA glue. The activator they give you is in a little dropper-style bottle vs. a small sprayer.For shims: use 20lb printer paper and manila folders ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Smoove Posted August 2, 2013 Report Posted August 2, 2013 I was taught to use business card for shims 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
SnowDrifter Posted August 2, 2013 Report Posted August 2, 2013 I was taught to use business card for shims I don't think there is any right or wrong way to shim so long as it adequately centers the coil in the cap. Folders and printer paper is my preferred method though ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
Cox Posted August 2, 2013 Author Report Posted August 2, 2013 Alright thanks for the help guys and snow, do you really need to use both the folder and paper, that seems really thick? Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
Cox Posted August 2, 2013 Author Report Posted August 2, 2013 Also one last question, how hard is it to change the basket when re-coning since I will be going down a size to a 12. Kenwood Excelon x396AQ2200Fi Q 12XS D3400 XS XP30001/0 RADAFLEXStinger volt meter Mechman 240a alt
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.