high output altenators who's really the best?

the only problem I have with some reputable companies is they get their cores from a junk yard, put a new case and reg. on it and call it new and others get it right from the oem source. feel free to pm me if you want to talk about it.

definetly wanna talk about it.

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P5200 HD

Amps: 2 Hifonics BE 2500(Brutus Elite) 1 Hifonics BRX 1200.4(Brutus)

Subs: 2 ORION HCCA 15's at 1 ohm

Mids: 2 Alpine SPS-609 ,2 Alpine SPG-69C3 , 2 Alpine SPR-50C

Highs: 2 Pyramid 3" TW67 Super Titanium tweeters , 2 Falcon SDS500 horns

EQ: Clarion EQS746

Alt: 220amp

Batts: 1 optima yellow under the hood , 2 XS POWER D3100's in the back

Wire: Big 3 upgrade 0gauge all thru

Fuses: Stinger 300amp

Box enclosure: FATBOX USA

O and what other company has half a million $ in Hass cnc machines making their own damn cases and not throwing them on a lathe and making a few cuts in a stock case and painting it? All I have to say is a new tool is coming to town thats going to hurt more than a few feelings....REAL output will be able to be tested....no more clamping

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

O and what other company has half a million $ in Hass cnc machines making their own damn cases and not throwing them on a lathe and making a few cuts in a stock case and painting it? All I have to say is a new tool is coming to town thats going to hurt more than a few feelings....REAL output will be able to be tested....no more clamping

That new bench is going to hurt some feelings lol

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

That new bench is going to hurt some feelings lol

Hahahah ohhh ya it is....can't wait hehe

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

I have a 310A alternator from Singer.
I personally love Singer, customer service was great, fast reply. Very knowledgable man.

Alternator came out sexy and flawless.

It also came with a lifetime warranty- if I ever have any problems with it.

DC took forever to reply back -at least in my case.

One time when I was about to buy a 320A alternator from them ,I've never got an email back. So I went with Singer instead.
Mechman is also a good company based on customer service.

That's my experience with those three companies.

I've never tested the "Real Output" of my alternator since I don't know who to go for it, but I wouldn't mind getting it tested.

I've owned a mechman and a DCpower. It will definitely depend on what model of alt you get from each company. both have alts for different price ranges. that being said, my mechman's case cracked and the bearing would go out as soon as I put enough belt tension to almost stop belt slip under high load. went through two. bought my DCpower XP270 and the thing has lasted over 4 years with the smallest belt I can put on. both company's customer service was great but DCpower was beyond anything i've ever experienced. but others have not had as great of an experience as I did.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Thanks skittles thats what I wanted to hear somebody who actually tried out 2or 3 of the top 3. Looks like DC power has an edge. Who else has any suggestions that has actually tried the top 3 alts . MECH DC or Singer.

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-P5200 HD

Amps: 2 Hifonics BE 2500(Brutus Elite) 1 Hifonics BRX 1200.4(Brutus)

Subs: 2 ORION HCCA 15's at 1 ohm

Mids: 2 Alpine SPS-609 ,2 Alpine SPG-69C3 , 2 Alpine SPR-50C

Highs: 2 Pyramid 3" TW67 Super Titanium tweeters , 2 Falcon SDS500 horns

EQ: Clarion EQS746

Alt: 220amp

Batts: 1 optima yellow under the hood , 2 XS POWER D3100's in the back

Wire: Big 3 upgrade 0gauge all thru

Fuses: Stinger 300amp

Box enclosure: FATBOX USA

I wouldn't pay any mind to anybody in that thread. There was literally not one shred of proper experience or advice in there. The biggest issue or difference, which has already bee stated, is preference. Everyone is going to have a different experience so a different opinion on a specific company so I'll share my experiences.

Iraggi: these were the first high output alternators I bought and they were all a waste. I ordered two denominator series, one was a dud and the other didn't do rated. So I talk with him and I was rebuilding so we discuss a quad alt setup. Send them back to him. I pay for another two so now I have a total of four denominator alts I'm expecting. I get ANOTHER dud, one that blows in like a day with no load because somehow it grounded itself out. Never received the last one and then he disappeared. I was left out almost $2,000 on alternators I never received or were complete shit. He's up and running now and I hope he goes under.

Mechman: I went to Mechman and bought quad 270s. Output was a little lower than rated but very well could have been a belt issue and I ran three with the fourth as a spare which never saw the light of day for about 18-20 months. Pricier than other options but the alternators were good. Then I took the fourth one out, hooked it up, nothing. The alternator was kept in the shipping box, no damage whatsoever on the box, nothing visible on the alt, and by all accounts a dud. I send an email asking about my options and I'm told they don't have any record of my name or information. Which was never asked for, he was just pulling the name I used on the email. I gave him my real info but still found nothing mad was told anything longer than a year is filtered out and they can't do too much without the sales invoice. That doesn't make sense and I ask if I can call and talk to the tech for possible troubleshooting and it's kind of a very brush off answer I got. These emails were on a Sunday, and I was basically told I was lucky they were even responding to me on a Sunday. Partially true except I wasn't even expecting a response when I emailed. Not that day anyways. The products have been consistent and proven, but the experience left me very angry.

Singer: the alternator seemed to have a crack in the case and I returned it. I wasn't happy about having to pay the shipping as it didn't seem to be shipping related damage. He was responsive, nice, but I've dealt with enough duds I just didn't care to continue.

Excessive: nothing earth shattering but the alt did rated, was a good price, and I got to pick a BA color so it was a beautiful alt. It worked, and worked hard, and after I sold it is still running strong in another Chevy. Customer service was good, and responses took a little bit but I was never forgotten.

DC: now, they have got to be the most excessive out of all the brands for like rated alts. And not by $10 or $20, hundreds in some cases. But I have never had a dead DC alt and the XP series are freaking tanks. Communications are a little slow at times, and build times can definitely vary if it's a model they don't make 1000 of at a time. But the wait is so worth it as I've never had anything better than my 270XP. So I talked and got the 370XP, haven't received yet but I have no worries on its ability to perform. It was probably the most excessive alternators I have ever purchased but it is a level of craftsmanship I don't see elsewhere.

You may have different things you value so just realize what they are and go with what matches your preference. If you are impatient, maybe DC isn't for you. Its possible they may carry a specific alt on the shelf but one was never made ready and waiting for me. I value something doing as its supposed to, and doing it for a long time. DC fits the bill for me, and I'll never go anywhere again.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived