Sonic Electronix

What do people mean by 4th order box ?

just to expand on the topic of bandpass....

6th orders are a ported chamber tuned low inside a ported box tuned higher, 8th orders are basically a 6th order with a 3rd ported chamber, both of these are a lot more difficult to build/tune correctly compared to 4th orders

bandpass boxes are usually quite efficient for SPL if you have the space required to build one, if you can just picture for example 1 12" sub with factory spec'd sealed box and ported box attached to each other is a 4th order, that's the type of space we're talking about...

the number of subs used has nothing to do with it being a 4/6/8th order its all about the chambers 4th sealed/ported...6th ported/ported.... 8th ported/ported/ported

im glad you posted this man this is what I try n tell people who are wanting to try out a new box as I say their is really no exact specs for these boxes its all trial and error

[media][/media]

yea I can see were you are coming from that's why id like to get a cam to post pics I understand if you don't think I can build these types of boxes cus I have no cam but I can really build these boxes id like to get a cam so I can post pics of my new system that im going to install in the cavalier

Can you post some of the specs for them?

Would like to see your setups.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

yea I can see were you are coming from that's why id like to get a cam to post pics I understand if you don't think I can build these types of boxes cus I have no cam but I can really build these boxes id like to get a cam so I can post pics of my new system that im going to install in the cavalier

the one im wanting to build in the cavalier for my single 18OA the frnt chamber will be 2.5 cubes @ 45htz with x2 aero ports 4in wide and 10.45in length, and the rear will be 4 cubes @31htz with x2 aero ports 4in wide and 14.69 in length with a total of 631.8in of port area. il have the sub on a MB QUART fx1000.1 amp and MB QUART 6.5 components on a MB QUART qa800.4 x2 kinetic khc2000 still waiting on money for and a mechman 220 amp alt still waiting on and I have homemade rca jacks out of coax and 0ga awg knuconceptz wire and some 4ga

[media][/media]

the one im wanting to build in the cavalier for my single 18OA the frnt chamber will be 2.5 cubes @ 45htz with x2 aero ports 4in wide and 10.45in length, and the rear will be 4 cubes @31htz with x2 aero ports 4in wide and 14.69 in length with a total of 631.8in of port area. il have the sub on a MB QUART fx1000.1 amp and MB QUART 6.5 components on a MB QUART qa800.4 x2 kinetic khc2000 still waiting on money for and a mechman 220 amp alt still waiting on and I have homemade rca jacks out of coax and 0ga awg knuconceptz wire and some 4ga

I don't understand how you are getting that port area.

4x4" = 50 in2 total not 631.8 in2

You also didn't specify what subs. At least in the reply.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

There are 2 ways to build 6/8th

1st is to use different length and size ports

2nd is to use the same length and size ports

And for someone who has build a few

You should no witch is better

So ill leave it to you to argue the difference

Side note 31 and 45 hz I just don't ever see working

That box would be perky as hell and sound like shit

6/8th boxes if done right should give you near to flat response across a 40-50hz wide range (or within 2 db)

Side note 31 and 45 hz I just don't ever see working

That box would be perky as hell and sound like shit

6/8th boxes if done right should give you near to flat response across a 40-50hz wide range (or within 2 db)

Agreed

Most 6th's I have seen were tuned with at least a 20hz difference between the 2 chambers...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Still have one from way back when in basement the speaker box is 2 inches thick mdf. It was designed back in the day by One of the Designers when Orion was made in Tempe AZ.

Had a old school XTR in it dust caps kept blowing off. Right now it a surround sound bass for man cave! Have Eminence speaker in it.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

sorry I no these specs will work cus my best friend works at a car audio place in my town called carfi and he said trhat would do well and the 631 port are is all my ports added together the front chamber I have 2 ports that are 4in wide and 10.69in length both them comes out at 262in and the rear chamber I have 2 4in ports that are 14.45in in length both comes out to 369.2in of port area so yea but then what would you recommend I tune these chamber too bud

[media][/media]

sorry I no these specs will work cus my best friend works at a car audio place in my town called carfi and he said trhat would do well and the 631 port are is all my ports added together the front chamber I have 2 ports that are 4in wide and 10.69in length both them comes out at 262in and the rear chamber I have 2 4in ports that are 14.45in in length both comes out to 369.2in of port area so yea but then what would you recommend I tune these chamber too bud

I don't know how you did your math, but 2 4" ports at 14.45" is NOT 369.2" of port. Not on this planet, or any other planet that I know of.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived