Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

anybody ran the old re mt's


9tr3g

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I have a local guy selling 2 re mt 15's. One he says is in good shape and one may need a recone from a bad lead. I'm not real familiar with the old mt's. He said they are from 2004. I remember hearing how badass these were back then. He said its the year before they did the pole vent so I'm not to sure about the coil staying cool. I will be running these on a aq3.5 at .5.

Has anyone ran them that has some input? I think this could be a cheap way to build some badass subs. Any input would be appreciated that way I know exactly what I'm getting into.

Posted

I had one, ran an aq3500 on it and it ate every bit of it. Keep the signal clean and they take gobs of power.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Posted

Do they sound decent on big power? I know its not a sq sub but I haven't heard one in forever.

Posted

People say theyre not musical which had me leery of buying the one I had, but it played and sounded as well as any other big woofer ive heard. I have nothing bad to say about them. Newer ones are a different story

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Posted

That's what Itold him lol. Since they're the older models, they should be great. I wouldn't trust the new ones really, quality took a nose dive.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Posted

MTs are a great sub.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted

Redbaron80 ram two mt 15 on two fosgate 3k amp.1st time I heard those subs he straight said they wasnt musical he played music. He raped my hole face.loud oh they are. Loud.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 449 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...