Sonic Electronix

Hey everyone, so today I put in my brand new Skar VVX v2 12's in my car. They are in a 4.6cube box tuned at 30hz ran off a hifonics brz2400.1 at 1 ohm. I have the bass knob at about 30% and when the bass hits when I turn it up, it smells awful. like someone just did a burnout. I figured it was weird so I got out and felt them and they were pretty warm. My Skar ZVX 15 I had prior to these toook the 2400 with no problems and never got warm, Any ideas on what the problem might be? Thanks

I don't even think it's that Cody. I think it's that he is running double the power to a sub and has TONS of air to them. OP, if you're going to run that much power to them, downsize that box. You may already have done some serious damage to the subs with your current setup.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I think you should retune it if the shop did it the first time. Depending on where you live there are many people on here with dd-1s including myself that can tune for you.

Yes. 2400 watts is WAY too much power for those especially with a large box and likely a dirty signal.

How did you set the gain on your amp?

If they are dual 4 ohm coils, they can be wired at 1 ohm or 4 ohms.

I would suggest less power/smaller box and make sure your gains are set correctly and stay away form any bass boost.

EDIT: Even running them at 4ohms @850 watts would be better than what your doing to them right now.

Archived