Second Skin Audio

Goodbye prefab bandpass, hello simple ported...

CleanSierra

Just take a wild guess like they did. Should turn out good right?

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

A decent box will do well on low power with the dual subs. Last time I did anything for a dual setup must have been like 6 years ago. A buddy bought one of those, reflective foil with a neon light in a weird bandpass style box with two dual 12"s. Sucked ass and was just ricer. Put them in a 3^3 box tuned to 40Hz 14^2 of port on an old school earthquake amp doing almost 1,200 watts rms and they came alive. Well...as good as some cheap ass subs could anyways. Performance was night and day, and even got some decent flex on his Pontiac.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

lol if you guess on the specs and get it in the lower tuning range it HAS to sound better than that bullshit tuning they got going on. I cnt believe people buy shit like that and think they got some hot shit smh...i knew a kid back in high school that bought one of those boxes and swore it was hot shit lol. I started out with 2 power acoustik mofos which arent good but they hit like a mofo with the box i built. But he swore by his that they could outdo mine and were more expensive blah blah blah lol. Some people will believe and "make up" anything...On another note when dude gets his box back with a good 35 hz tuning and a proper box he is gonna be in shock lol

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

I've got the box I want to build designed and if I remember correctly, he's running a Sony Xplod amp. The good thing is, it's going in a late model Crown Vic, so I've got plenty of room in the beast. I did a quick design with 13 inches of port per foot, 35 Hz tune and 2 cubes net. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just bump the box up another half cube. The only fear I have with tuning to low on these things is losing the upper bandwidth. I'll DD1 his setup when I install the box regardless, so at least I know we will get it as clean as we can. He's not the type of guy to mess with knobs either so it will stay where I set it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

This is the quick box I came up with. I had black laying around so I rolled a few quick coats. No money went into this, from the guy I'm building for, nor myself, so I'm not terribly worried about it being perfect(which it isn't). However, it should be A SOLID performing enclosure once it's installed in the truck of the buddy's Crown Victoria.

I did terminal cups on the backside so it's easy for him to install/uninstall whenever he pleases. Paint is still drying so they aren't installed yet.

20130826_092916.jpg

20130826_092925.jpg

20130826_093035.jpg

looks nice! whatd you use to roundover the port?

I saw your original post about what kind of paint is it I'll answer that first, its Rustoleum eenamel in Gloss black. I literally took about an hour of prep work filling the holes and sanding and then laying the paint with a foam roller. It's the quickest job I've done, but the guy I'm building for is just a daily bumper, he'll never open the trunk. It will show well in the trunk I'm sure but if this were a paid for box, I would've taken more time. I should have just carpeted, but I had the paint laying around and decided to use it. The design is solid and it's assembled well and will last him a long time without fail. Im curious to see how much better it is than that garbage bandpass box :peepwall:

And I used a 3/4" round over bit for the edges and port opening.

Archived