CleanSierra Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 Beware, I ran the exact same subs on triple the RMS and the soft parts failed me. The surrounds tore themselves apart. Coil was still nice and pretty, but the surrounds on both did fail. I think the isobaric would be a badass idea man. Maybe even an iso 4th order? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
sbg Posted August 30, 2013 Author Report Posted August 30, 2013 Beware, I ran the exact same subs on triple the RMS and the soft parts failed me. The surrounds tore themselves apart. Coil was still nice and pretty, but the surrounds on both did fail. I think the isobaric would be a badass idea man. Maybe even an iso 4th order? I only got a audio pipe 1500.1 so won't be killing them. Now just need a design 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
sbg Posted August 30, 2013 Author Report Posted August 30, 2013 Meade did a 6th Iso with 2-12" AA that was bad ass 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
CleanSierra Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 Yeah, he didn't go through with the thing because it was a pain in the ass to get right, if I remember correctly. John, how much port do you think would be good for 2 in an isobaric 4th? You think 80" would be enough or too much? I had some numbers crunched but it was for 4. Maybe just half the port area? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
john253a Posted August 30, 2013 Report Posted August 30, 2013 Idd aim for 1.5net 25sq" of port Yes for all 4 On a cone to cone But you'll want at have a gap of the height of sub +3/4" so you'll probley be 2.5" or so between them Idd probley do a cone a mag through With about a 7" gap But ill check the number when I get a moment
CleanSierra Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 25" of port for a regular ported box, or a 4th order John? 25" sounds good for a vented enclosure, but doesn't sound like nearly enough for a 4th. I would think 40" would be in the ballpark. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
john253a Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 Standard/regular ported Yep you would want more on a 4th But you don't want to risk unloading either Even no you have 2 sub in such a small enclosure I'm no expert when it comes to 4th+ There not hard to build but to get what you want takes time and most just want something to bump and done yesterday So I've had very little time to play around with them, Because of the 2 verables (4th and iso) I would be tempted to eliminate 1 to risk the chance of building several boxes to get the right one We no 1-1.5@15-25sq" of port works well with 1 of thoes subs So being an iso box 4 should do the same in the same enclosure
john253a Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 On another note Op could always go sealed
Joe X Posted September 1, 2013 Report Posted September 1, 2013 Well, 4 cheap 12 subs to be placed in a not too big trunk sounds like bad start to me, OP keep it simple, sell the 4 little subs and get a couple of really better 12s and do a nice box for them, it will be louder than the iso setup, much simpler to build right and will sound nice as well, say a couple of Fi X or SSA GCONs on that power.
bumpinTL364 Posted September 1, 2013 Report Posted September 1, 2013 while I am a fan of SSA, I (and hopefully you too sag) would like to see some designs of what the hell these guys are talking about and how all this reasoning works. Please bestow your wisdom upon us! masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say itsorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended) LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room. New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.