Sonic Electronix

wtf Sound solutions audio "ssa"

Out the box the NEW ONE is reading 1.2 OHMS IN SERIES IN PARALLEL 0 OHM

OLD ONE reads 4ohm in series 2 ohm in PARALLEL

1.2 ohms in series, 0 ohms in parallel? Well I'll be damned, no resistance at all? That's mighty impressive. Make sure your multimeter is actually good (change battery, etc) and try to remeasure. I remember I tried checking my Zcons once and got 8 ohm from one coil and 5.6 from the other. Then I adjusted the leads from multimeter and it read 1.7 and 1.7

Edit: Forgot to mention that you also can't have the old one reading 4 ohm in series and 2 ohm in parallel. That's the reason people are posting confused information is because we're having trouble with what you're telling us. No offense or anything, just trying to help out man.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Its reading that on 2 diffrent meters I own. Both flukes. Crazy thing is im getting good ohms on the old sub.

They told me they dont do the refund an made me send vids showing the ohms. Thats olny way they swapped order for one I recieved today to make it another 2ohm dvc

Ill go take pics an make vid tomorrow morning showing ohms for yall when sun comes out

09 mustang gt

Xcon an zcon aew proven subs... gcon is all new.

Just pisses me off I wait over 40days for subs I paid $456 an both them bitchs are f***ked up right out the box. The stuoid sticker they sent peeled it self off my window from the sun.....wth?

Bout to just dump em off on somebodyat work an buy more tantric subs

09 mustang gt

Its reading that on 2 diffrent meters I own. Both flukes. Crazy thing is im getting good ohms on the old sub.

They told me they dont do the refund an made me send vids showing the ohms. Thats olny way they swapped order for one I recieved today to make it another 2ohm dvc

Ill go take pics an make vid tomorrow morning showing ohms for yall when sun comes out

In for the vids. And that's crap, if your receipt says that you clearly ordered D4 coils and you ended up with D2 then they should have to take it back at their cost and replace with what you really ordered. Giving you D2 and then making you take another D2 only makes you run at a final load of 2 ohms, meaning you need twice as big of an amp than you originally would've for the same power. Would've pushed the issue if it were me, but what's done is done I suppose :/

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

You shouldn't have a D2 and a D4 sub in the same box. T/S specs are different and even then, your ohm load can't be correct, hence why one has more excursion than the other.

Your problem is that you are trying to just run what you have abs what you received. I realize it took forever to receive what you have, but you shouldn't have hooked them up. EITHER of them. SSA should have taken care of the problem or both subs should have been sent back for a FULL refund.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You shouldn't have a D2 and a D4 sub in the same box. T/S specs are different and even then, your ohm load can't be correct, hence why one has more excursion than the other.

B

Your problem is that you are trying to just run what you have abs what you received. I realize it took forever to receive what you have, but you shouldn't have hooked them up. EITHER of them. SSA should have taken care of the problem or both subs should have been sent back for a FULL refund.

ro are you fucking serious? Did you read anything? I ordered a 4 AND THEY SENT A 2! BOTH OF THEM ARE 2OHM SUBS! THE NEW ONE IS READING 1.2ISH

09 mustang gt

Out the box the NEW ONE is reading 1.2 OHMS IN SERIES IN PARALLEL 0 OHM

OLD ONE reads 4ohm in series 2 ohm in PARALLEL

So you have one sub reading 4 ohms in series and 2 a parallel and one sub thats 1.2 ohms in series and 0 ohm in parallel.... and you put them in the same box and still hooked each other up and still played them.....

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived