I am looking at my options to upgrade the brakes on my 06 f150. Have over 2500lbs of extra audio stuff added to the truck that is carried around daily and need to be able to safely stop it all but cant break the bank to do it. What are some recommendations?

Brembo's did really nice on my suburban which had 22's.

A couple sets here: http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/Ford/F-150/111A50530A50532A0A6A174A1.aspx

Centric makes that StopTech brand, I think....

If you're not going for the big upgrade, maybe just some drilled/slotted rotors from brands like EBC (EBC sport rotors and green stuff pads), or Powerstop, or Centric. Stuff like that.

good.and cheap don't generally go together with braking components. ssbc has been the least expensive of the brake kits ive had experience with, but its still far from cheap. if a bbk is out your budget, maybe upgrade your pads to a nice, performance oriented set.

Never said cheap, just cant drop $5k on a set of wilwood like I want to. Max would be $1000 to do the front and back.

If I were you CJ, I would walk into your local Ford dealership, and ask them a few questions about their "Heavy Duty Payload" and towing brake packages... Get it all done through the Ford dealership so it's half ass warrantied. $800-1200 including labor, hell they may even throw in an oil change.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

A bbk would be your best bet, but seeing as how its 2800 for just the front from willwood, I'd just do some good rotors all around with some ebc green stuff pads.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

I will check out what options I show at work tomorrow performance wise. A stiffer suspension will help with braking since the truck won't lurch forward with the continuous momentum from the weight. I'll see what kind of upgrades I can get along those lines too.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

ehh. I try to stay away from the dealership if possible, but that is an option.

Even though my dad is a service manager for Ford, I don't blame you for that. I'll chat with him tomorrow about possible options you have. I'm 80% sure that if it is a Ford kit, installed by a certified tech at a dealership, it will have some sort of warranty on parts and labor.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived