SMD Folding @ Home Team

The 290x seems to be getting 170k PPD as of right now, but it's facing driver/compatibility issues right now since it is the only -IIRC- Hawaii gpu.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

What if someone were to run xfired 7990s? Or 290xs? That'd be awesome. Anyone know what 290x is doing PPD vs 780 790ti and titan?

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that the Titan has about 7% less folding capacity than the 780Ti. The vanilla 780 would be ~15% behind the Ti.

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

What if someone were to run xfired 7990s? Or 290xs? That'd be awesome. Anyone know what 290x is doing PPD vs 780 790ti and titan?

The 780ti crushes the Titan on folding, by a good bit.

I couldnt believe it until I got mine running right with f@h settins, was kinda bummed about it at first anandtech did a comparison on most cards you speak of for folding iirc.

Also the thing with the 780TI is its the same GK110 chip that the 780 and Titan use, but its fully unlocked meaning 2880 cuda cores, compared to Titans 2688, and the 780s 2304 cuda cores.

Granted in 4k resolution gaming on the other hand the Titan will most likely pull ahead with that 6gb of video memory, until the 780Ti 6gb and 12gb cards are released (most likely costing $999.99 for the 6gb model).

Also keep in mind while that 780Ti only has 3gb of memory it is also clocked at 7000MHz stock!!!

Sorry I just love this card and its been a while since I had a top dawg card upon it releasing (my old 9800gtx+) lmao.

But I mainly bought this card for gaming, BF4 more particular, the folding is just a bonus. :D

Ok found the charts on the PPD for multiple cards from anandtech.com

Now what "explicit" and "implicit", "single" and "double" precision is or means I have no idea since Im new to this

59701.png

59702.png

59703.png

But you can see that the Nvidia GTX780 is always above the amd cards (except in those cases where the GTX780 gets beat by the AMD280X one time and the AMD 290X another time), but Nvidia are clearly holding the upper hand for folding. Id trust anandtech to be pretty unbiased in their reviews and tests too.

-_-

Ill humbly take 3rd place.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12