Second Skin Audio

CleanSierra's build log Fosgate Regular cab!!!

CleanSierra

You gotta stop making your boxes so pretty, your setting the bar to high for the rest of us :)

Changed the amp rack :)

I'm digging it:

20130911_155031.jpg

20130911_155158.jpg

I got the hole cut in the baffle and now it's just a matter of making the cuts for box the amps will rest in. I'm going to make a small opening in the bottom enclosure, which is a separate chamber from the airspace of the sub. The opening will be for all of the speaker wire, power and grounds and RCAs. I'll also be making a platform for the box to sit on so it's trimmed up. This platform will go over the transmission hump and it will also hide this opening for all of the wire. The wire will all be hidden except good what I make pretty snaked along side of the amps in this recessed box. Not sure if any of you can visualize this, but I can :)

Smoove, I can't help but make them pretty. I don't know any other way :(

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

tuned in for this,never had any of those old RF subs but heard one of the Power HX2 12's on display at a car audio shop and it was a beast even in the display. Box looks really good.. I'm guessing you're going to adjust your amps before you mount them with that limited space between them?? Mine is a similar setup and I hate them being close together,I can make adjustments but it's a pain in the ass

I will likely have to set the amps and then mount them. Same with connecting and disconnecting wire. I DO have a really small stubby screwdriver for sunglasses that can likely squeeze in there though. It's what I currently use to adjust both amps when I tune them.

20130911_174917.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty much done with paint. Any flaws that I have left will stay there. I have yet to cut and recess the amp rack into the box. You can see the big hole that is cut for where the amps will be nestled into the enclosure. I got my Sky High wire in last week FAST. I ordered on a Friday, package arrived Monday, shout out to Rabe and SHCA. Enough blabber, pics of what I have so far:

20130923_040056.jpg

20130923_040105.jpg

20130923_040113.jpg

20130923_040124.jpg

20130923_042416.jpg

20130923_042447.jpg

20130923_042630.jpg

Archived