Amount Of Wire Needed

Depending where you battery is i used 12 ft in my dads chevy extended cab. 40 sounds like plenty to me

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Depending where you battery is i used 12 ft in my dads chevy extended cab. 40 sounds like plenty to me

ok cool, so maybe then 50 would be no problem, so i think ill just order 70, for both runs to the back battery, then from the batt to all 3 amps

also, do i solder from the top only, like pull the connector up a lil bit so there is a lil space, then fill that space with the solder?

Edited by loganberry

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

slide the ring over the wire and hold a little torch on the ring for a bit till its nice and hot and then start filling it with solder (while you still hold the torch on there)....the solder should be seeping down into the wires at first and slowly start to fill the terminal until there is a nice little puddle on top. if the solder isnt taking at first then you havent got the ring hot enough yet....thats how i do....might have to sacrafice a few rings for practice...

i likes me some audio stuff...

slide the ring over the wire and hold a little torch on the ring for a bit till its nice and hot and then start filling it with solder (while you still hold the torch on there)....the solder should be seeping down into the wires at first and slowly start to fill the terminal until there is a nice little puddle on top. if the solder isnt taking at first then you havent got the ring hot enough yet....thats how i do....might have to sacrafice a few rings for practice...

ok, a few rings will be fine, ill make sure i buy extra... better in the long run, plus it looks better imo

thx for the help

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i got a vise, and a lil brother who can help too, lol

i had to have the neighbor help. by time i heated the connector picked up the gun and started to heat the solder it was cold wasted 4 before i called him out :lol:

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

what works best for me is NOT heating the solder....heat the connector, which in turn heats the wire, and it should take that solder no problem...

little torch (from lowe's i think)

29c92042.jpg

finished product...dont think its just a pool of solder on top...a bunch metled its way down into the wires first...

0e852291.jpg

i likes me some audio stuff...