David Bailey Posted September 12, 2013 Report Posted September 12, 2013 So, so what would be an ballpark price range to look at for an above average miss & high's. I want better than entry level, but nothing near competition range. There is SO much out there to look at, and everybody on here has there good and bad. So say, looking between $150 - $250, would that be near a middle ground, or do I need to save a bit and raise the price? I know this is a loaded question, but juts trying to figure something out. Every company has their basic, mid and high level stuff, but even those differ. And reliability is a big thing with me. I will be running them of my Mmats E600.4 channel amp. I believe it is 70rms. Maybe give me a top 5 brands or something, so I can compare.. Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed? KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4 Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1
BboyTaktix Posted September 12, 2013 Report Posted September 12, 2013 it REALLY depends on if you are going SPL or SQ first off. There are a TON of choices and a TON of different opinions, since sound from a specific speaker is not interpreted the same for each different set of ears. the BEST thing to do would be to find people with different types of components and give them a listen. My components ran me around $130-150, JBL power series, they are GREAT for the price for sure, they have their advantages and disadvantages. I am happy with them, they get loud enough for me and stay clean and clear. But some may not like the type of sound they produce. Good SQ components can surpass $1500.00, so you really need to figure out first what your budget is, and then your goals for your system. 2018 Golf R - Stealth SQ system build - C508GTI front (active), 2x Pioneer Z10LS4, Zapco DSPZ8, Clarion DPX11551 (Mono amp), Pioneer GM-D8604 (front stage amp), Pioneer GM-A3702 (rear fill amp) SOLD! 2011 Subaru STI - 'modest' passive sq system - JBL p660c component (front) JBL P662 (rear) JBL W10GTI (sealed enclosure) 4ch JBL GO1004 (150RMSx4), Clarion DPX11551 mono amp (+-1200RMS@3ohms)
David Bailey Posted September 12, 2013 Author Report Posted September 12, 2013 it REALLY depends on if you are going SPL or SQ first off. There are a TON of choices and a TON of different opinions, since sound from a specific speaker is not interpreted the same for each different set of ears. the BEST thing to do would be to find people with different types of components and give them a listen. My components ran me around $130-150, JBL power series, they are GREAT for the price for sure, they have their advantages and disadvantages. I am happy with them, they get loud enough for me and stay clean and clear. But some may not like the type of sound they produce. Good SQ components can surpass $1500.00, so you really need to figure out first what your budget is, and then your goals for your system. Yep, that's my problem. There is just SO much out there. Trying to narrow it down is damn near impossible. Oh well, I will eventually figure it out. Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed? KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4 Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1
bighossf150 Posted September 12, 2013 Report Posted September 12, 2013 I've head nothing but good things about the new nendo mezzo's or jbl ms-62c's, or I think a set of hertz energy comps fall in that price range Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
HunterJohnson Posted September 12, 2013 Report Posted September 12, 2013 I really love the hertz mille they sound amazing. Probably one of the best drivers for the cost. If I wasn't such a cheap ass and always wanting to under engineer I'd buy them. A better price range (better I mean cheaper) is the daytons on parts express. You can put together a fairly nice set Scion tC SQ BuildiPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily drivenFord Explorer C Pillar Wall Build Just a cheap car to destroy with bass
Kevin M Posted September 12, 2013 Report Posted September 12, 2013 I have a two way that cost around $560. People having a setup similar to mine have done it for 300 and 2500 bux. Do a ton of research and listen to as many setups as you can. Took me about 2 years before I hit the end of the road as far as what I wanted. That is reading, trying 5 different setups, etc. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
HunterJohnson Posted September 12, 2013 Report Posted September 12, 2013 haha you never actually are 100% happy with a system I'm like 90% right now Scion tC SQ BuildiPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily drivenFord Explorer C Pillar Wall Build Just a cheap car to destroy with bass
David Bailey Posted September 12, 2013 Author Report Posted September 12, 2013 Yep, always a work in progress.. I mean, if we were happy with it, then there would be nothing else to build or tinker with, and life would just suck! Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed? KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4 Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1
Skullz Posted September 12, 2013 Report Posted September 12, 2013 JBL P660c as a starter in the $150 range. Hybrid Audio Imagine set for the $300 range. Hertz HSK/ Audison AV K6 lines in the $500 range. Anything higher and it becomes a personal preference and some manufacturers like Hertz, Audison and Hybrid Audio have an Ala Carte allowing you to buy individual drivers and combine them to your liking. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
bighossf150 Posted September 12, 2013 Report Posted September 12, 2013 I really love the hertz mille they sound amazing. Probably one of the best drivers for the cost. If I wasn't such a cheap ass and always wanting to under engineer I'd buy them. A better price range (better I mean cheaper) is the daytons on parts express. You can put together a fairly nice set Aren't the milles over $1k? lol I hope Im happy with the hsk 165's going in my daily so I dont end up spending that much on some components Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.