Jump to content

New SkyHigh cable, plus I got rear ended :(


Recommended Posts

Posted

Damn man, that sucks BAD, hope all ends well. Interested to see a timeline of insurance payout and what becomes of your truck

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Posted

I will fix the truck boys, there is no doubt about that. I'm honestly not worried about a timeline for payout. I'll call every day or twice a day if I need to and be all up their ass about it. I will do the replacing of parts on my own and I may repaint the whole truck. It's about time it got a fresh paint job. I'm not stressing and I have never had a problem with any insurance company NOT doing the right thing.

It's not reasonable that I drive a beat up truck for 2 months and State Farm will find this out. I'm not looking forward to replacing both bed sides, the tailgate and the roll pan either. It's not something I WANTED to do with my upcoming weeks, but I'll be happy with the results I'm sure.

Thanks guys for the kind words and being glad I'm ok. I'm definitely sore today and I'll bet the guy that got sandwiched is even more sore. I'll keep you guys updated on the progress. This thread week be a nice way to timeline start to finish and document what is going on.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Dude was a total pothead Kyle, he probably would have been chill as fuck if I had yelled at all. The trick is just a never ending project, I do work on it because that's what I do. I love the thing and it's been my baby since the day she was new. I'll treat her well and make her better than before. Thanks for the words brother, I appreciate it. In a side note, this Sky High Car Audio cable is the SHIT. I can't wait to resume my build :D

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Az drivers ftw lol :P on the real that shit sucks! Driving on the freeway home from the show last week was a bit intimidating to me since I'm used to only 3 lanes of traffic

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps


Posted

I got a phone call today from the State Farm adjuster. He's coming out tomorrow to do the estimate. I'm praying that they don't try to total the truck :(

I'm staying optimistic though, they will NOT total it, they will NOT total it, they well not total it OHHHHMMM.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

I'm thinking it is all going to depend one the cost of those fenders and if they can still get them. My truck was sideswiped by a semi 12 years ago. One of the fiberglass rear fenders was destroyed. Insurance almost totaled the truck because the body shop couldn't find a fender. 3 months later Ford found one for the body shop.

Posted

The besides are available through aftermarket and companies like Keystone. I've priced them and they aren't that terrible, plus my father works for a GM dealership so anything GM, I've got covered at employee cost. I am curious to see the $ amount like I said and I hope it's not over the threshold for what they determine totals it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Posted

Man sucks to hear glad your ok it would be such a shame if they totalled your truck its sooo sexy

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Posted

So the claims adjuster just left the house a little while ago. He can't tell me if the insurance company is accepting fault yet(haha). I've got no worries that they will accept full fault for the damage, it's just a matter of a couple of days. The estimate he gave is just under $4000 from what he told me. It's right about Sherri would have guessed. I never even noticed, but the back of my cab was hit by the bed flexing forward :( I don't know how I missed that. The poor truck, but he never said anything about a total loss, which I'm hoping stays OUT of the vocabulary. I've been looking at different cars/trucks online just in CASE this doesn't work out. I am lost as to what I'd want since I've had this truck 10 years...

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9208 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...