BobbyG2 Posted September 20, 2013 Report Posted September 20, 2013 I think an SA12 on an AQ 750.1 would be perfect, max I would do is an X12 on an 1500 and upgrade the front bat. *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
john253a Posted September 20, 2013 Report Posted September 20, 2013 Never seen under the hood so would no what fits as far as elect. Could drop down to an xl or equal on 1.5-2.5 And run either a single 10 or 12 But if op doesn't plane to upgrade alt and batts Idd say 1.5k is it as far as subs go
Baydestrian Posted September 20, 2013 Report Posted September 20, 2013 21" Death Penalty walled...fuck it, YOLO SWAG 2015 Mazda 6 JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm 2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical
kl0wn Posted September 20, 2013 Report Posted September 20, 2013 If its an S model* battery is in the rear, very small location, not much room to upgrade batts, XS has a direct placement though. The electrical on these cars are crap. I have an aq3500 at .5, 200a singer alt, 2 d3100s and a d4700 (I think?..) and I drop to mid 12s on low notes. If you want a small system, id stick with a single 10 on a aq750 or something around those lines. 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
The_Iceman Posted September 20, 2013 Report Posted September 20, 2013 OP, what kind of music are you into? How much are you looking to spend? How loud do you want your system? I can give you some ideas. If you can fit a 2 cubes- 2.4 cubes box 2 Sundown SA 10s would be good. Or one SA 12 or one 10 for that matter. Or even 2 SA 8 V.2, they are little beasts. They could fit in a tight place and leave you some space. If you go with 2 get like an AQ 1200D and if one maybe an AQ750. My audio system HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2 Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1 Car - 2013 scion TC "It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are" "Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen" "Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me" Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,
Lbox88 Posted September 20, 2013 Report Posted September 20, 2013 What'd I'd do for sub stage: http://store.ficaraudio.com/x10/ http://www.soundqubed.com/Q1-750-Amplifier_p_46.html UBL | Build Log
dfarres Posted September 20, 2013 Author Report Posted September 20, 2013 Thanks for all the input so far. I'm getting the car tomorrow so I'll be able to figure out the dimensions for a box. It's a 2003 Cooper S. I'm not looking for something super loud, this will be my daily driver and keeping the seats is a must. I would really like to stay away from upgrading the alternator and adding batteries. I plan on starting out simple and possibly adding power in the future. I guess one 10 or two 8's is the way to go. I don't mind giving up the trunk space considering it's not really good for anything anyway. i like the suggestion above from Lbox88 and the pricing is in my budget. Could I get away with the stock electrical with an upgrade of the wiring? Would I need a better battery? Thanks for all your help... you all rock.
kl0wn Posted September 20, 2013 Report Posted September 20, 2013 With the aq750, I would just upgrade the battery in the rear, and upgrade your grounds. Id say do the big 3, but you have to remove your entire front end to get to the alt. Don't think you wanna have to do all that. EDIT: You ever have any questions PM me, mine is a late 06 model, so it doesn't vary that much from yours 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
dfarres Posted September 20, 2013 Author Report Posted September 20, 2013 Thanks Klown!!! What gauge wire and what size battery will i need to fit in the stock location? Taking the front off might be an option... I do all my own car repairs.
john253a Posted September 21, 2013 Report Posted September 21, 2013 You might be off with the q1-1200 and run at 2ohm instead of the q1-750 at 1 The extra $50 gives you room to move On that power idd something like the x10
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.