Jump to content

College students-Anyone else pledging for a frat?


Recommended Posts

Posted

So everyone who isnt in a frat shouldnt hsve an opinion on a frat...............

I think he means "don't knock it til you try it" :P

yeah pretty much. its definitely not for everyone. Frats get alot of bad vibes but I've met alot of awesome people through it, as well as a lot of dick heads, but the positives definitely out-weighted the negatives and makes college more fun.

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Posted

I still have yet to see a frat produce any good results in any of the people I know in them. Why not just work hard and not pay to be babied later on in life?

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Posted

I would not make your judgments based on the post here . You and you only can make that choice . Your the only one who knows what's up with it. All I know about frats is for the most part around here it's all rich kids that's born with silver spoons in there mouths.

Posted

It could be fun ! It might suck! Point is how can you know? Join and see and if its not for you just leave. No big deal. You don't want to be 50 and sit an wonder what it would have been like.

Posted

From my personal experience joining a fraternity was the best thing ive done .I came to college to play baseball, and ended up breaking my ankle. So i was at school not knowing anyone, as all my friends from high school went to different colleges. Ended up joining Lambda Chi Alpha at my college and love it.

I have ended up holding many different offices, and am currently President of my fraternity. Being in a fraternity has honestly led me to many different roles throughout campus, and ultimately kept me in school. Being in Lambda Chi has led me to be President of Society for Human Resource Management (business organization) as well as being part of the Student organization advisory council (basically meet and discuss what organizations get accepted for funds etc.) Without joining i dont think i would ever been in these different leadership positions. Granted ive never had a problem making friends, or finding parties or anything, but i think if i was just a regular student, i probably would have partied to much, skipped class, etc.

My fraternity has a big policy on grades, and that is something i have stuck to as president. We meet weekly for study hours, help each other, out etc. Have met many alumni throughout my 4 years. And continue to meet them, (even met one today, hes the GM and CEO of the communication company where i live). Like it was stated earlier, there may be people you dont like, but that goes with anything you do, your gonna have that problem even when you get a job.

People are always going to say "you pay for friends", but really its all worth it to me, and i let them say it. It basically covers for insurance fees, parties, tailgates, beer, and there is definitely something to always do. I love every minute of it, and am dreading graduation in December. Ultimately though, it boils down to if its for you or not. For me and everyone apart of my fraternity, it was by far best decision i ever made. Were able to be recognized on campus, give back to the community and better ourselves through education, all while having fine, therefore i cant complain one bit about my experience with a fraternity.

Posted

I met up with one of the committee members of the frat, because when she heard that I was dropping out she was kind of shocked. For 40 minutes she tried to convince me not to leave. So now it actually got me thinking, since she did say that I was the top pick (not lying here) and they really wanted me to join.

Now I'm kind of in between.

Posted

I met up with one of the committee members of the frat, because when she heard that I was dropping out she was kind of shocked. For 40 minutes she tried to convince me not to leave. So now it actually got me thinking, since she did say that I was the top pick (not lying here) and they really wanted me to join.

Now I'm kind of in between.

Meh, at that point, I'd see it as a business man. "Wait, someone who was gonna give us money doesn't want to anymore?"

Sounds like it just depends on what kind of person you are from all the input here. But personally, I'd rather get a job/career in the future knowing that I got it because of my hard work....not because my boy is in charge. You can still go to parties and shit without being in the frat....Plus you wouldn't have responsibilities to meet for them.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Posted

I met up with one of the committee members of the frat, because when she heard that I was dropping out she was kind of shocked. For 40 minutes she tried to convince me not to leave. So now it actually got me thinking, since she did say that I was the top pick (not lying here) and they really wanted me to join.

Now I'm kind of in between.

Meh, at that point, I'd see it as a business man. "Wait, someone who was gonna give us money doesn't want to anymore?"

Sounds like it just depends on what kind of person you are from all the input here. But personally, I'd rather get a job/career in the future knowing that I got it because of my hard work....not because my boy is in charge. You can still go to parties and shit without being in the frat....Plus you wouldn't have responsibilities to meet for them.

The conversation was not from that point of view, about money, but more about that people wanted me. So I don't fucking know right now. Maybe it's worth a shot.

logodessin2.png

Posted

2 words: Animal House.

In all honesty I think it really depends on the school and the frat. My neighbor went to USC and joined a frat, they made him do a bunch of small BS errands, nothing crazy like in the movies, but even that got him killed. One night they order him to get some stuff from a brothers car at 3 am and while he was out there he got stabbed 3 times for the car keys, it was still in the first semester too. Great kid, couldn't have possibly deserved it any less...... worst news I've heard in a while. I'm not trying to "blame" the frat for it, but I'm just saying wrong place/wrong time because of it, might have been different if he hadn't been in the frat....

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2036 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...