Sonic Electronix

Hey what is the max a hifonics brz 1200s gain be set at i have 2 DC audio level 3 15s (rated for 900rms a peice) i know my amp is only 1200rms (idk if that amp does rated power or not) but my subs are actually gettig warm and they once got a lil smelly on 500-600rms a peice (rated for 900) WHAT?!

BTW: sadly enough my amp is only running on 11.9-12.0v if that affects anything

PLEASE HELP I KNOW YOU GUYS CAN!image_zps63de6f19.jpg

Well gain is dependant on the preout of the source

Your subs are probably getting stinky cause you're most likely clipping, which is also probably why you're seeing 11.9

Find someone with an oscope or dd-1 to set your gains

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

LPF so it around 70(looks close to)

What's you box tuned to? Set subsonic to about 5 under that (if unsure set at 25-30hz)

Gain need to way down, like below half way normally

Depending on h/u preout as said before (get or see if someone in area has a dd1)

If you go 3v out and you set to 0-5v input on amp

You will find your only 40% round on dial (this is not accurate but you get the point of how it works)

That amp aint gonna do shit ... .. 1600brx making 780 clean watta on clamp. 11 volts is fucked up to brcause batt reating volts is 12.5_12.8ish

I think your trolling

I don't think he is trolling. Hifonics are a little power hungry but you only got 1200rms. When you clip your amp. it try's to draw more power then what it can do, when that happens it's harder on your voltage and your subs will see dirty clipping power.

Do you have the big 3 done? You may want to add extra battery in the back

Put your subsonic at the 12:00 position. It's to damn low where it's at. What is your box tuned too?

Put your Sub sonic at the 11 o clock position and put your Low pass at the 2 oclock position or somewhere around there to find the sweet spot, this will even off your low bass, mid, and hi bass and will bring out the kick in the beats.(Trust me I had a hifonics brutus 2000w with a subwoofer xover and it sounded the best this way....and you need to play the same song everytime u change it to really see the difference......and your gain/level a tad bit to right some more just a tad so it should be at about 2 volts which most head units have

(jmaster) He means no because about everything you said was wrong. 1- telling him where to set gains without metering it. 2- telling him most head units are 2 volts when you dont know what head unit he has. And most quality head units these days are 4-6 volt Rca pre outs ( 4 volt is probably the most common). 3- telling him where to set the Lpf, when you have no idea where his roll off is, what mids he is useing, and how the head units Lpf and Hpf are set. 4- Telling him to set the subsonic filter basically at 20 hz when you have no idea what his box is tuned to. Those are the reasons SGunnem and I both are saying no.

truthsayer

Archived