A breaker or fuse in the hood won't protect a amp, but ya will help the car.

Breakers seem to be made cheaply some times and mass produced with names screened on them.

They do tend to have a memory and sometimes do get worse over time. They are ok in front of a car.

They don't replace fuses in front of amps. I have used them and haven't seen one stick but it's happened.

I use breakers a lot. The problems with them is there not water proof they stick and there amperage rating isnt very accurate at least with stinger brand. So what I do is the first thing when i get a new one is ground it out n make sure it pops open. I then mount it in a dry location. Then every now and then I push the red button and open and close the breaker a few times. I havnt had one stick on me in years. The 160 amp breaker in my truck has been in there sins 1999 lol. Its a lot cleaner install to.

no do not use circuit breakers. i asked about this once too on a different forum. breakers are known to have a higher probability to fail than a fuse. and to those that say all you got to do is just hit the breaker to reset instead of replacing fuses, yea the thought is cool, but every time that breaker blows that breaker is less and less reliable.

and you would rather bet your life on a fuse than a breaker, a fuse chemically melts at a certain amount of current so you know it will never fail. where as a breaker its a roll of the dice.

if you want to get fuses cheap instead of paying Knu $7 an anl fuse :/ just buy em on ebay i know i bought a 5 pack for less than $7 shipped. they dont have to be expensive.

Well ive never heard of them being less reliable it may be true, but if your good at what you do it should never pop.

most breakers in your house are only 20-30 amps, but they do vary A LOT. some go up to double pole 100 amp breakers. and them some im sure.

and paul, breakers do fail IN YOUR HOUSE TOO. they will trip, and wont allow you to reset them sometimes. breakers do fail.

i would much rather have a fuse than a breaker.

also, bill put some on the f250 i believe and doesnt like them. i believe he said hes going to fuses. correct me if im wrong though.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

i had a breaker in my truck and one day it melted and the positive wire touched a ground and fried my alt and messed all kinds of shit up. it was up in flames, i was already getting in my friends car to leave my truck there. but my friend ran to the truck and put it out with his shirt, one of the best things someone has ever done for me, hes a great friend haha......

3 12" Alpine Type-R's

1 Hifonics 2010d amp

I use breakers a lot. The problems with them is there not water proof they stick and there amperage rating isnt very accurate at least with stinger brand. So what I do is the first thing when i get a new one is ground it out n make sure it pops open. I then mount it in a dry location. Then every now and then I push the red button and open and close the breaker a few times. I havnt had one stick on me in years. The 160 amp breaker in my truck has been in there sins 1999 lol. Its a lot cleaner install to.

ive used both and never had problems with either, just put them in a dry place or find ones that are covered and wont allow for oxidation

mine breaker popped when it should have when my Re 12.1 blew, later finding out i vibrated a transistor loose and fried 4 mosfets sending some bad signals for sure!

but i never used too small of a fuse/breaker, always same size as amps fuses or a bit more +20a

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Ive been using breakers for 10 years.....with no problems.....(knocks on wood computer desk)

there are 2........250 amp breakers and 5...... 150 amp breakers in the Cav....

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........