DC Sound Lab

New DC Build question on amount of power a level 3 can take.

Gladski462 and CJ18 my apologizes if i sounded like a douche I didnt mean it that way really, just asking questions.

Tarball thank you for your honesty and advice, that is what I was looking for, Simple input!

Thank you guys, have a great night.

As a side note, look into the DC Level 4. For just a little more money you'll have a sub that you can upgrade a bit further in the future with upgraded soft parts. Just a thought....Level 3 a perfectly nice sub also.

I wouldn't mind lvl 4's but my budget keeps rising at this rate it'll keep growing and i wont ever buy anything.. I started with $2k budget then $3k, now im a little above $4k. But i've considered it a lot but if i up the sub's i'll need to up the amp too. That'll be my second stage build.

As a side note, look into the DC Level 4. For just a little more money you'll have a sub that you can upgrade a bit further in the future with upgraded soft parts. Just a thought....Level 3 a perfectly nice sub also.

I wouldn't mind lvl 4's but my budget keeps rising at this rate it'll keep growing and i wont ever buy anything.. I started with $2k budget then $3k, now im a little above $4k. But i've considered it a lot but if i up the sub's i'll need to up the amp too. That'll be my second stage build.

OHHHHhhhhh fuck,... you have NO idea.....

Good luck with the build/progress.

Edited by KyLar96
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

You don't HAVE to up the amp initially if you up the subs...but you can always upgrade later after you save some money up and then your subs will be ready to handle the upgrade when it happens.

Just my .02 :pardon:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Not to take any cash out of DC's pocket... But if your tight on cash you could always buy used. you can always find some pretty good deals. Just make sure you research and make sure the seller is legit. I bought a 3.5k for like 600 shipped off a facebook classified.

Then again you can never go wrong with new gear. I buy and refer people to Cody (CJ18 - DC Audio sale rep) for gear all the time.

Also Sky High Car Audio (SHCA) makes some the best wire and they offer it at the lowest prices you'll find anywhere. You can hit cody up for some of that as well.

Edit: I've bought DC gear since 08-09 haha.... I've tied other brands like Sundown, FI and Crescendo. They all have their pros and cons. I just always seem to prefer DC Audio products due to their great customer service & superior products. All their subs with the exception of their m2 8"s are built to order. Meaning they get the parts from overseas and build them for you and the warehouse in Reno, NV.

Edited by SojiaRaggs9000

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Not to take any cash out of DC's pocket... But if your tight on cash you could always buy used. you can always find some pretty good deals. Just make sure you research and make sure the seller is legit. I bought a 3.5k for like 600 shipped off a facebook classified.

Then again you can never go wrong with new gear. I buy and refer people to Cody (CJ18 - DC Audio sale rep) for gear all the time.

Also Sky High Car Audio (SHCA) makes some the best wire and they offer it at the lowest prices you'll find anywhere. You can hit cody up for some of that as well.

Edit: I've bought DC gear since 08-09 haha.... I've tied other brands like Sundown, FI and Crescendo. They all have their pros and cons. I just always seem to prefer DC Audio products due to their great customer service & superior products. All their subs with the exception of their m2 8"s are built to order. Meaning they get the parts from overseas and build them for you and the warehouse in Reno, NV.

600 for a 3.5 =] Awesome Deal

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

Hey thanks guys, I've been on this website for a week or so and have learned so much. You guys are great. CJ is a good guy and I will be purchasing from him. (gimme some time CJ got to work a couple things out) As for used, I would go used and am interested but very weary as well. I've been burnt on a Akai MPC 2000XL (drum machine, I write music) and have been careful since. After further review I've decided to go with a full DC setup for my first build. It'll be 2.0k & 175.4 & 2-12"... Now as for either lvl 3 or 4 I am very intrigued with the idea of 2 level 4. " them bitches are DOPE!" sorry.... Anywho IF and only if I got the 4's would the 2.0k be ok to run 2-12" seems like the amp would be working hard. But I could be wrong. Also I still plan on running 4 Crescendo PWX6's (6.5" -150RMS) and 2 FT1's. I'll need to figure out a passive crossover for the front to be able to run both the tweets and woofer on one channel. Any of you ever use a Phoenix Gold Titanium XD here it is on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/TI-XO-ELITE-Titanium-Crossover/dp/B004AMPSRY its a 2 channel passive crossover so it'll cover both front doors then for my 2 rear doors i'll run the other 2-6.5's. Question on the 175.4 do you think running 230 RMS watt per channel would be too much on the front channels of the amp??? the rear channels will be fine since they are 150 RMS each.

Recommendations ?? thoughts? Suggestions???

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND GO!

2nd 2k down the road . Once you start back into it you will want :morepower1:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Another question: have any of you tried out super custom boxes? just out of the ordinary type things (but to spec) ?? I was playing around in sketchups just trying out ideas and came across something I feel might be workable. Should I try to get crazy or keep it simple? I could very well spend a shit load of money on a shitty box that looks BAD ASS IDK.... lol

and go....