Sundown Audio

My box design for 8 x-12's, 4 CA 3500's

Thanks guys for you thoughts on concerns. I can assure you I have decent knowledge of car audio, I also have been researching for the past 3 months. Its part of the reason why my ex gf left me. I was researching 24/7 after work and paying her no attention. Plus girlfriend = less subs and spending all my money lol.

Just like keith77 stated, I'm here for advise. I just want a 2nd pair of eyes on the plans to make sure I haven't over looked something like a double baffle that slipped my mind. If you guys want you can plug my numbers into the calc and make your suggestions on port area.

On a side note I already have two 12's in my car. I did all the work myself. Plus in order to learn something you have to try it. you fail you try again. I don't give up easy. I do hardwood floors for a living, When we have to resand a floor cause of marks or a huge scratch from a damn painter i don't give up lol :).

And to bighoss Before I turn anything on I will double triple and quad check everything. I will also have a friend from a car audio shop whos pretty good at installing come over and take a look.

So hit me with tips and tricks and such, Don't discourage me. That will just make me wanna do it solo without any of your guys help or concerns.

You have an expedition. I'm sure you have more than enough room. Don't worry about tuning to 28 hz. As long as you arent overpwoering some ungodly amount you can still play under tuning. Id shoot for 33 or so to be honest. But you need to build bigger stronger and better with more port area. That thing would shred itself in minutes single baffled all the way around.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i would do double all around and triple baffle, with about 250 plus sq in of port tuned to low 30's.

if you run out of room.... then you dont have room for 8 12's. 6 12s in a great box will shit on 8 12s in a tiny box.

Edited by ChevyBoy95
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

^^^Agree with the others. 300+ inches of port to start and 1.5" on all sides. Tuning in mid to low 30s. Those subs will do their job in a box without high 20s tuning. High 20s is silly to me if you plan on playing ANYTHING other than Decaf or chopped and screwed music.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

this is what i came up with. Port is still small for me, but not knowing how much height you are willing to give up, this is about as good as it is going to get. Doubled all around, triple baffle, didnt do bracing because it is just a visual representation.

1ab5.png

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/