Second Skin Audio

First time kerfing

CleanSierra

cuts vary from size of kerf (both radius and how tight of kerf or bend). Something that will be bending a 45degree corner would need less cuts then something for a 90degree bend.

For example (not picking on revoracing, just perfect example), if he would of doubled up his cuts in the 2nd picture posted, you wouldnt have as much of a squared look to the kerf (how you can kind of see that flat spots between the kerfed joints is what Im refering too).

And you guys used mdf for these kerfs? Last year when I made my box I tried my hand at it and made the T jig guide thingy but every single time I would try to bend it it would crack at one of the cuts. I changed the depth of my blade like 5 or 6 times and nearly cut all the way thru the board and it would crack.. So I just said fuck it and cut half arches until they stacked to the top and glasses the inside and bondoed the outside.

I blamed it on being cold outside and crappy Menards mdf but do you guys have any suggestions that I should have tried?

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

And you guys used mdf for these kerfs? Last year when I made my box I tried my hand at it and made the T jig guide thingy but every single time I would try to bend it it would crack at one of the cuts. I changed the depth of my blade like 5 or 6 times and nearly cut all the way thru the board and it would crack.. So I just said fuck it and cut half arches until they stacked to the top and glasses the inside and bondoed the outside.

I blamed it on being cold outside and crappy Menards mdf but do you guys have any suggestions that I should have tried?

When you make the cuts, can you bend it and look to see if you made enough and possibly add more cuts (depending on gap between cuts)?

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Hey cabinet maker here there is a plywood that you do not have to kerf. It is called bending plywood. You can get it from cabinet supply house. Saves a lot of time kerfing. Looks good.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

When you make the cuts, can you bend it and look to see if you made enough and possibly add more cuts (depending on gap between cuts)?
It would start to bend it and before any of the cuts would start to touch edges it would crack on the outside of the board. So I didn't think I needed to make more cuts

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

It would start to bend it and before any of the cuts would start to touch edges it would crack on the outside of the board. So I didn't think I needed to make more cuts

would you try bending it all the way on the first try? cause when i did it i just slowly (very slowly) start to bend it. then back of, then bend it a little more and then back off. ect ect. and when it was done, the outside wasn't cracked but the wood did need to be sanded to make it smooth again.

cuts vary from size of kerf (both radius and how tight of kerf or bend). Something that will be bending a 45degree corner would need less cuts then something for a 90degree bend.

For example (not picking on revoracing, just perfect example), if he would of doubled up his cuts in the 2nd picture posted, you wouldnt have as much of a squared look to the kerf (how you can kind of see that flat spots between the kerfed joints is what Im refering too).

and just to clarify for myself. if i did do more cuts, yeah it'd of looked smoother but wouldn't it also of been weaker? and thus needing 2 layers of mat and what not? cause when i did the kerfs i did just enough cuts to make the bend, that way it's as strong as possible.

basically went off this video:

but i bet you guys have all seen it lol

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!