03 Xtreme Fosgate Posted October 30, 2013 Report Posted October 30, 2013 real nice crimp.. Where did yall get your crimp from? Looked at the one at Harbor Freight and some on eBay but wasn't too sure about them. This is the exact one I got. Just a cheap Chinese pos, but it does the job. If I had to do crimps all day I would invest in one a little easier to use, but this one is fine for my needs. that's the one I was looking at,very similar to the HF one. BUILD LOG-http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179004-03-s10-xtreme-ext-cab-rf-build/ PHOTOBUCKET- http://s1354.beta.photobucket.com/user/03XtremeFosgate/library/truck%20audio%20rebuild
727Designs Posted October 30, 2013 Report Posted October 30, 2013 real nice crimp.. Where did yall get your crimp from? Looked at the one at Harbor Freight and some on eBay but wasn't too sure about them. This is the exact one I got. Just a cheap Chinese pos, but it does the job. If I had to do crimps all day I would invest in one a little easier to use, but this one is fine for my needs. Same exact crimper I use every day at the shop. Thing has paid for itself 200x over by now. One of my must have tools for any install. -Zach-2010 Toyota TundraFull Hybrid Audio SQ 7" BDS on 37's 2000 Ford Expedition 160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD-
Karkov Posted October 30, 2013 Report Posted October 30, 2013 I use this one and Love it Edit: better link http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Ton-Hydraulic-Wire-Crimper-Crimping-Tool-11-Dies-Battery-Cable-Lug-Terminal-/310778423956?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item485bd66a94 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
rockFord_Expedition Posted October 30, 2013 Author Report Posted October 30, 2013 I use this one and Love it Edit: better link http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Ton-Hydraulic-Wire-Crimper-Crimping-Tool-11-Dies-Battery-Cable-Lug-Terminal-/310778423956?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item485bd66a94 Pretty much the same one I have except mine was $60 Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Rockford96 Posted November 5, 2013 Report Posted November 5, 2013 That's a nice crimp.. looks like I need a crimper.. My setup, Digital Designs M80 3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz Kenwood x-696 SHCA 0 gauge Polk audio coax running off hu
rockFord_Expedition Posted November 7, 2013 Author Report Posted November 7, 2013 Thanks man. Yeah, worth it IMO. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
C'sgetdegrees Posted November 28, 2013 Report Posted November 28, 2013 Nice thread. Was gonna solder my wire and have in the past but it seems like crimping does an amazing job too. Cant wait to get my SHCA wire 05 Escape 2 Ascendant Audiio Mayhem 15s dual 1 Populus Audio 6500 (the only one around ) 1/0 SHCA OFC XS 3400 under the Hood XS 3100s in the rear X2 Pioneer 80 Prs Pac Prv mids and highs 2 8s per door 1 tweet
cgrez33 Posted April 21, 2014 Report Posted April 21, 2014 This is actually really cool didn't notice crimped wire looked like that. (Thread was linked from another thread) Current Build: 1999 Tahoe #ComingSoon Previous Build(s): Crossfire Magnum 5k Pontiac G6 GT
finkster Posted April 21, 2014 Report Posted April 21, 2014 Cold weld is the best way to go. Nice crimp! DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
rockFord_Expedition Posted April 22, 2014 Author Report Posted April 22, 2014 This is actually really cool didn't notice crimped wire looked like that. (Thread was linked from another thread) Not all crimps look like that. Beating shit with a hammer or squeezing it in a vice is a no go. Old School/New School RF Build March 2015 SOTM Winner How to crimp large wire
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.