Recommendations for 6.5 component set

thesuperiorfighter

Is $800 for each component set or is that for all of them? Also, I'm assuming you've already measured everything up and made sure you have room for them? Just make sure you take in consideration EVERY aspect when measuring.

You seem pretty smart and capable of doing good work so let us know which route you take! :)

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

I'd look for a used Dynaudio set on Ebay or Craigslist, MD130 tweeter and MW162 Woofer. I'd get the MD142 mid if I could afford the extra. You could get either the System 242 x-over or 362 x-over depending on if you want 2-way or 3-way. Most sets come with the md100 or md102 tweeter, but the md130 can handle a lot more power though it is physically huge.

Do yourself a favor, go somewhere where you can hear the gti speakers and believe you will be amazed. You see people here are so stuck on a few brands and if its not one of there preffered, it sucks, truth is most of them have not even heard them or if so not in years. Harmon kardon makes some of the best audio anywhere.

a 3 way set is going to give you more control and more definition over your playable spectrum. It will have dedicated drivers for a range across the spectrum instead of one woofer attempting to produce everything across the midrange and the tweet picking up the rest. In your situation I doubt you'd notice. I'm going to be perfectly honest. I don't care for the CDTs. I have three sets in my shed right now that were removed because they were flat sounding and just didnt do it for me. flattish midrange and a pretty decent tweet imo. They just don't hold a candle to the hertz you originally referenced no matter what someone in this thread wants you to believe. Its not all hype. people love them for a reason.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

here is my two cents.

go with the hertz or focal's.

that out of the way i will say, 3 mids and 3 tweets up front is going to totally wreck your staging and you are going to have issues with standing waves, cancellation, and other issues. So you are going to defeat the purpose of all that clarity. You will need some serious serious time alignment and processing to make it all play well together especially with the extra set in the rear deck.

I would ditch the idea of using the rear deck since if you want to do this right you will have to either seal off firing forward, so speaker in the deck will defeat the purpose, or if you fire rear, your subs are just going to destroy the mids because of the pressure.

Now with all that processing and TA you will lose a shit load of output and again defeat the purpose.

Most SQ guys i think recommend 1 tweeter because multiple tweets can cause them to wash out and overlap and cause a variety of issues.

Since you will need a lot of proccesing anyway, maybe you should look at some high end pro audio and some good super tweets. Youcan eq the shit out of them still throw 200 watts to each driver and still get loud and sound good.

Again, my 2 cents, your car, your build. Good luck and make a build log cause i for sure want to see this thing be built!

Ill sell you some AA carbon 7in mids... How come no one mentioned these yet?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived