100-125rms through 20ft 16GA OFC SHCA Wire OK?

Like the title says. Would running 100-125rms to a 4 ohm component set be ok going through a 15-20ft run of SHCA OFC 16ga wire? I have enough to double up and not really sure why i order 16ga instead of 14 but thats what i got! I beleive its closer to 15ft but for sake of being on the safe side lerts say 20ft

I believe it will cut on you thoe :/

Thats what i experienced on a lincoln navigator at only less than a 100wrms and the wire was 14G aprox maybe 7 fts

I recommend you going 8Gauge at least that will help ((:

What kind of wire were you using?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

You'll be fine with a single run. Its not like you're going to be feeding the speakers a full amps worth of power. Personally I would recommend 14-12ga for speaker wiring if you're going to be doing an amplified system. But if you're going to be running a component system then you're more than likely looking at 120 ish at the crossover which is then sent to the speaker and the tweeter. So the speaker in question will most likely see </=100 rms. Which is perfectly fine to run on 16ga. It might get a little bit warmer than 14 or 12ga wiring but it'll work fine.

wiringdiagram.jpg

Sizing chart shows 10ga at 20 foot but considering you will rarely see the full 125 watts continuous on that wire and it may be less than 20 feet you should be ok.

Archived