Sonic Electronix

bad a$$ setup but car is a hupty why?

Everyone in the world, myself included, could easily talk about how people spend their money...but the thing is, it is not our car, our project, or our money. I myself wouldn't be happy with an ugly car and an expensive setup but the truth of it is, if person A is happy with it then so be it

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Would suck to be breaking the roof/floor/doors/panels/various welds/firewall/braces/door latches//dashboard/etc of a good car. Once you start to get above a 150, stuff is breaking. Easier to work on and fix an older car. Cheaper, easier to find parts. And quite frankly, easier to not care if something breaks.

Besides.... I'm not seeing what you are talking about with the POS car thing. We're not driving brand new cars on here, but most of us on SMD, especially the ones with a couple grand or more tied up in their stereo are far from a pos.

Only time I really see what you are talking about is with a burp car, for the most part. Mainly because it's not a daily, doesn't need to look good, or anything. It just needs to drive under it's own power and play a tone, really really loud. Because it's not driven daily, it's only used for tuning, it doesn't make sense to get a nice car when you can get a $500 crx off craigslist that will do just as well

It looks stupid playing Sir Mix A Lot - My Hooptie when your driving a nice car....It's much better to reinforce stereotypes!

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

It looks stupid playing Sir Mix A Lot - My Hooptie when your driving a nice car....It's much better to reinforce stereotypes!

I drove a 4 door 73 Buick Electra 225 in high school and I own www.myhooptie.com. I bump that track all the time :)

I drove a 4 door 73 Buick Electra 225 in high school and I own www.myhooptie.com. I bump that track all the time :)

That's awesome! Lol, I drove a 93 Lincoln Towncar back in high school, granted it wasn't too ragged out, but that song fit the bill especially when air bag sensor sometimes messed up and my tailpipe dragged :P I sort of miss that car...

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Archived