What Is Your Favorite Thing About Our Hobby?

Well I'm writing a paper in english or atleast I'm going to attempt it. The paper will be about car audio as a sort of subculture and community. I'm trying to hit on points that show how our hobby is more than just a hobby, it's something that we are truly passionate about. A few things that stands out to me that separates us from the prefab crowd are as follows: community, competitions and shows (many of us may not have the best looking cars but who cares if you're loud), the excitement of the build or rebuild, the love of music, and finally respect. So with all this being said I would like to know what you most enjoy about car audio and why do you do it. I feel like we are very misunderstood. Any comments are appreciated also I may link this page to my source page if all goes well.

bringing together of people, meeting new friends, new different thinking minds, and a generally uplifting and fun experience

expansion of knowledge of the 12v industry, whether it be batteries, how amplifiers actually work, creating of subwoofers, why things do what they do and how they do it.

the stride to be better and better (louder and louder), the goal of perfection even though it can never be reached

people dont understand that it is a lifestyle, and your life starts to revolve around getting the next piece of the puzzle, or getting to the next show, how can i fund this, how can i make this better, everything becomes a derivative of something car audio related.

working on your own vehicle also teaches life lessons, where there is a will there is a way, patience, tactile skills, motivation, etc.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

There is always something you can do to make your build better. Always. music brings a feeling that not alot of other things can compare to. (memories and such)

Also the electrical, fabrication side of thing makes you generally more handy and builds skills.

and if you go hard you end up like Mead

Build's consist of:

2004 Chevy Impala :

Pioneer--------------------- DEH-X8600bs Soundqubed/AQ------ Q4-120

Rockford Fosgate---- Punch-500.4

Soundqubed/AQ----- Q1-3500D.1 Alpine----------------- 6.5's & 6x9's

Subs: TBA All Knukonceptz and SHCA wire and rca's

Home Music Setup

(4) Soundqubed HDS200 15's in two separate 15.5 cubic foot enclosures tuned to 31 hrz --- XM radio hardwire

Updates coming all the time on both builds

n8ball2013

"bullshit. Everything fits. If you cut enough."

I just love listening to and feeling bass, It's fun for some reason, can never get enough it seems.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I can't seem to find it now, but I remember seeing a picture that was like "Their sport" which was like football or something, then below it had "Our sport" with a smokin' hot babe getting hair tricked. That is all.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

There is always something you can do to make your build better. Always. music brings a feeling that not alot of other things can compare to. (memories and such)

Also the electrical, fabrication side of thing makes you generally more handy and builds skills.

and if you go hard you end up like Mead

I definitely agree with music being a key player in car audio and some music goes deep and hits you hard (mentally and physically by the bass)

I love learning new things everytime I go to build and learning to do it better next time.

Thanks for the input!

The connection to others on the forum from around the country, looking at others builds and what they have done, the knowledge,research and studying of your system. Waiting for goodies to show up in the mail. Taking pics and vids to show others. Not a huge audio following up here in Alaska so being on here makes me more connected to whats new and going on down there in the states. The love of music has had me in this hobby for 20 yrs but its only been the last 3 years that i have become addicted to it! lol Good thing i have a good income to pay for it! Keep rocking it!

Thanks for all the input guys. This thread is starting to blow up fast!

I love how our hobby can bring people together. I"m sure this has been said repeatedly in this thread, and while it sounds cliche it's absolutely true. I appreciate the internet community, but what really gets me psyched is when I'm sense the 'force' in another car. I can see another 'junkie' at a stop light, in a parking lot, or at a show. When I hear a low note, on low volume, and I KNOW that there's more to their system,,, it pumps me up. I often enjoy the conversations that pop up from those types of interatcions.

Sometimes, you get the Bear. Sometimes, the Bear gets you.

Archived