Playstation 4 teardown video

Not sure if any of you know about it or seen it.

Im not a console gamer by any means, but the video is still pretty cool.

The crap part about the video is subtitles.........

This link should take you directly to the video and bypass the site and scrolling to it

http://condenastl3cdn.cust.footprint.net/videos/52783b2eee3ec9021500000f/high.webm

yea, some what cool on how its assembled/disassembled.

but rather disappointing, when you look at it as a a next gen console having less components then the previous gen, or even a laptop. At least when you open up a laptop with a dedicated nvidia branded graphics card, you can tell its your graphics card (of coarse this console has a graphics card controlled by the cpu) but even still rather disappointed by its internals.

Kind of like when you open up a big in physical size amplifier of a generic brand only to see there is nothing on the pc board but yet it claims 5500 watts, but we all know its lucky to do 1200 watts rms

Just saying more impressive looking laptop then a ps4

1049279_593879563979696_242356336_o.jpg

The internal design of the PS4 is amazing. Using one fan for cooling the CPU/GPU and the power supply is clever and really well done, expecially since they used an internal power supply and not a big external brick like the Xbox One. The use of a standard SATA hard drive means you can go grab a 1TB SSD or 2TB hard drive and upgrade your internal storage for more space or faster operation.

The board looks so empty because it's so much bigger. It's essentially a desktop-sized board. The laptop board looks so busy because it's small to make room for the ODD and battery. The PS4 board is the size of the whole laptop because it stacks the ODD on top of it and doesn't need to make room for a battery. It still has everything the laptop board would have.

lbPY1LJ.jpg

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

With the CPU/GPU being on the same die, would that allow for a more "powerful" setup then having two components?

I don't know the schematic for their die so I don't know if the CPU has all of its regular pins and the GPU its, but what if it has the two chips connected internally?

Not sure how comprehensible that is, just got back from a day of school that got the best of me.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Looks like a well done design to me. WAY less complex than the OG PS3s were.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

With the CPU/GPU being on the same die, would that allow for a more "powerful" setup then having two components?

I don't know the schematic for their die so I don't know if the CPU has all of its regular pins and the GPU its, but what if it has the two chips connected internally?

Not sure how comprehensible that is, just got back from a day of school that got the best of me.

There are benefits and drawbacks to having both chips on the same die. Data sent between the two never leaves the chip so you're not slowed down by sending data back and forth over an external bus like PCIe. The CPU and GPU also share the 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, which can be a pro and a con. It's a pro because they can share the data pool and the CPU doesn't need to do extra work to offload graphics textures to the GPU memory. It's a con because you need to be careful when writing games to make sure you're not using more than 8GB total between the CPU and GPU otherwise you'll have massive performance hits.

The biggest drawback is the combined power requirement and comparing it to a modern day PC. A gaming desktop computer usually has an 80-125W CPU and a 150-250W GPU. Both chips also have their own heatsink and fan. For the PS4 (and Xbox One) the CPU and GPU are on the same chip and therefore their power requirements (and heat output) are combined. For comparison, the last revision of the PS3 Slim used about 70W max while playing games. I would expect the PS4, given it's specs and similar parts from manufacturer AMD, to be a ~150W CPU/GPU chip. When comparing that to a combined 200-350W (CPU+GPU) desktop you have less power consumption and heat but also less potential performance from the chip due to TDP restrictions. Both the Xbox One and PS4 the CPU and GPU are running at laptop speeds, not desktop speeds, in order to keep the combined power consumption and heat output of the chip low enough to be run inside the given enclosure. Desktop chips aren't designed with these restrictions in mind and can run at higher speeds because the burden is on the user to ensure the chips get enough ventilation to adequately cool them.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived