Second Skin Audio

best cheap subs.... best cheap high excursion sub?

exxxtrem

as far as a budget woofer that will peform... hands down i would go with the Soundqubed HDS series they recently released.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Awesome feedback guys thank you.

Sorry if it was un-clear. When you asked will it be sealed?

I said no ported.

Sorry if that was unclear. Yes it will indeed be ported.

I am asking alot of questions because its not to late for me to return these subs and go with another.

1) lanzar was the runner up before talking to you guys. As i said only because i did have them back in the day on a us amp and beat everyone that challenged me in a street battle.

2) audioqubed I like the way they look for the price

3) audioque had some good youtube videos.

still compairing. I heard a couple guys say american bass, Im gonna go back through the list and scribble them all down.

no ported. everyone reads this as "no ported boxes allowed"

no, ported, means ported.

commas, son.

brands have changed over the years. the lanzar you knew back in the day is probably not what they are nowadays, with cheapening of the materials (in general for a lot of companies) to stay within competitive pricing and such.

honestly....i did 4 vvme 10s in a 6ft cubed box after displaement tuned to 33hz with a 10 inch sonotube and only seeing about 800 watts rms and they move some air......you cant buy them anymore but i got mine for 30 bux a piece shipped and still have had no issues. they get loud for what they are and dig low without issues...... if you could find them on ebay i think 6 of those would be decent on about 2k. maybe a lil less power.

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

honestly....i did 4 vvme 10s in a 6ft cubed box after displaement tuned to 33hz with a 10 inch sonotube and only seeing about 800 watts rms and they move some air......you cant buy them anymore but i got mine for 30 bux a piece shipped and still have had no issues. they get loud for what they are and dig low without issues...... if you could find them on ebay i think 6 of those would be decent on about 2k. maybe a lil less power.

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

So I have to find pricing on american bass subs.

Audioqubed im really liking there subs and for $89 for a good sub. Awesome.

Spent the nite searching ebay and sonic. Earthquake looked ok, so did powerbass,but for the price would do the audioqubed.

Any other top cintenders in the 89$ range?

Alot of guys are saying audioqubed is real close to sundown and seems like thats the big name these days.

This thread is still alive? Look OP. Grab a woofer from a reputable company that was mentioned above. I'll spare you the list of companies cause I don't want to miss one. But the soundqubed American bass sundown options were of the better side, most of the others I wouldn't unbox them if I was paid to.

2 more side notes. The awesome thing about stereo equipment.... You can remove it from your car that costs $1000. Maybe get some really good stuff and start swapping your Tahoe, sounded like a bunch of kicker gear. But use your 1000 dollar car to do something silly, like 2 Zv4 18's on a ns1, 2 EXO 18's on a 4000.1, or any other combo. (Insert a good 5k+ amp and either (4) $3-400 15's or (2) 3-500 18's and have some fun.

Putting a bunch of cheap equipment into a shitty car just sounds like wasting money. I'd rather get equipment worth re using and replacing my all kicker Tahoe. I'm sure it could use some better equipment. Not sure what kinda alternators but you mentioned having 4 so I assume you wouldn't mind having a louder Tahoe.

But ignore all of this like you have the 15 other guys offering you good information and suggestions (just like your first thread a couple days ago) and keep doing hundreds of hours of research on turd equipment on eBay.

Have a good day sir.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Archived