4th order blow-through in 2008 F-250

Did you have air leaks or rain leaks?

Lol both and the accordion boot.

the threaded inserts leaked down the threads of the bolts and one around the riveted section. I thread sealed the bolts and sealed around all inserts.

The accordion boot did not get the silicone love it should have. pulled it off, cleaned it and filled it with silicone,put it on and water tested.

the air leaks where a pain to find but I did and filled with silicone an some Great Stuff for the front of the box (my bed front is all bent up because I'm an asshole to my trucks lol).

All in all i feel an increase in the pain so that's good.

I'm curious to know did you do any testing with or with out the center divider? Did you hear a difference?

No i didn't test that because that piece was a big part of my lids strength. I wish i did though. I might have this box sold soon and the next one I will make all variables removable/changeable. I want to get the most you can out of a 4 12 blow-through. Next box will be designed differently though so we will see. It's just wood and time.

That's such a great feeling isn't it. When you listen to a song, be like "man that sounds good, hurts so good". Then seal it off, in my case, or fix some issues in your case, and then play the same song and be like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU that hurts!!!!! LOL

I just had that experience when I did sealed off. Played "Headbandz" and wow!!!

Keep up the good work man!

Archived