03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Just some pics of progress after2 1/2 days of filling holes and smoothing it out some. Primed and now i need my circle jig to cut holes out and need to order terminals. Color scheme i am thinking is a grey port with the rest of the box black. I found some spray paint called Hammered at Lowes. Gives it a rough look and was thinking that would look good in a semi or flat black. Probly be a week before i finish it. In know, i dont do anything very fast, slow & steady!

61 degrees in the shade, 78 in the sun. Summers here!

newsubenclosure2014003_zps4e8f9596.jpg

newsubenclosure2014005_zpsadb7d693.jpg

newsubenclosure2014004_zpsc3aed7ef.jpg

Damn man, that looks fucking nice. Wish i would have done that to mine instead of carpet. Can't wait to see how it turns out

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Thats funny, the whole time i was thinking why didnt i carpet it! lol Thanks, if my wood working skills where better i wouldnt of had to bondo ends and joints. Box was off a bit and i only had 2 quick grip clamps to work with. Ya current box is carpeted, look nice but thought i would try something different.

Looking good.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Really nice clean work all the way around. Really like your attention to detail.

One question, about your old set up...... I might be missing something in the photos, but it looks like your trunk was nearly sealed off the wrong way, as in trapping the bass in the trunk. Are my eyes deceiving me?

Coming along great, the hard work sanding will pay off once the box is all done.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

OK, enough Blah Blah Blah...For the few people that follow my build progress.

I got the box together today, 60+ degress out today, nice day to play out side. Box turned out ok. Here are some pics. Nothing special, a bit on the small side but it the max i can get into the opening of my trunk. Shout out to JOE X for box design. That guys the shit.

Newsubenclosure2014009_zps9c254d63.jpg

SQHDS310sampohmwiringdiagrams006_zpsabbc

And these bad boys are going in it. I ordered a router circle plunge guide off amazon today for cutting sub & terminal holes in it. Until then i am going to use bondo to fill in all the counter sunk screw holes and anywhere else that needs to be touched up before routering a 3/8 radius around all exterior edges. Prime, sand & paint. not sure on the color yet. Blackish, gun metal grey....?

Absolutely beautiful, attention-to-detail work, my friend. ... & those SoundQ'd drivers look exciting as Hell.

I tell ya, ... we have talked enough on the side about your build, & the help you have gave me on mine, here & there, that I swear if you were not nearly 4,300 miles from me, I would come meet & chill with ya for a day or something - ya certainly know I have not much to do, ... & I friggin' live for roadies.

Anyhow, ... I so bad want to hear your "active" front stage sooo bad ... & still pick your brain. Probably bring some money with me, ... 'cause I bet you have got a few cool things lying around for sale that I could say I went to Alaska to buy. :-) But, who knows, ... if I left right now, by the time I got to you, winter might've started again for you!!!

:roflmao:

Eh, ... you know I bust balls for a living ... & you know you are doing fantastic work, & that - like you - absolutely LOVED that old RF sub on that old 1,000W RMS RF Amp from a "few" years back. That was sweet looking ... Period.

I may not be sitting here peering in on this stuff eating popcorn, ... but I sure as Hell am eating UTZ Sour Cream & Onion Potato Chips!

Take care, Sir.

Talk soon.

Be well,

JRS

I just wanted to say that I'll be back in AK soon enough, I'll give a nice review of how it sounds for you to read.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived