zfourth513 Posted April 12, 2012 Report Posted April 12, 2012 2l7 15s should i build a ported or sealed box ... 2007 impala thx
Ray Posted April 12, 2012 Author Report Posted April 12, 2012 Well.. Trick question. You need 8cuft after for 2 ported at a min. Good luck getting that in your trunk 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
SlamminBeats Posted April 12, 2012 Report Posted April 12, 2012 How do you make a removable fiber glass piece for either a section of a door panel or better yet for my A pillars? Or how would you make you A pillars clip on still after fiber glassing??
alenv10 Posted April 13, 2012 Report Posted April 13, 2012 how do i add pictures to my build log? like this post lets say.. NOTHING DOWN HERE YET OBSIDIAN FTW
Jared420 Posted April 15, 2012 Report Posted April 15, 2012 Hey ray I heard you have done app radios, I just put in my Appradio 2 and I'm getting no sound from the speakers. Turns on , I can go to radio iPod pandora but I get no sound when it's playing. Where should I look? 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Kiean123 Posted April 21, 2012 Report Posted April 21, 2012 thank you kind sir wooohoo! -Acura RL 2005. Blue. -Stinger Expert Roadkill..Trunk only -(2) Skar VVX-12's D4 coils -Dual slot ported to the left custom box tuned @ 32hz -Audioque 1200D amplifier A tribe called quest... ftw
soundsystemaniac Posted April 22, 2012 Report Posted April 22, 2012 question on where to start with box design, Ray sub-fi sp4 15 d1 crunch gp3000 pro max dimensions are 28 deep,34 wide, and 17 high. do you think i can do a 4th order bandpass box with that airspace? Chevy astro 2 18s and 9k rms Walled!http://www.stevemead...rms-42-inch-tv/JEEP GRAN CHEROKEE SRT8 BUILD!2 JL AUDIO 15s trunk buildDC XL 15 buildDC level 3 18 buildhttp://www.stevemead...verunner-build/ http://www.facebook....hp?id=646651228
ChromeJerome Posted April 25, 2012 Report Posted April 25, 2012 Okay, so I got one that might stump you: Right now I have 2 kicker 15" comps in a ported box, 2000W Lanzar Amp(I know, I know, but will be upgrading soon) and 8G power wire. So the other day in the parking lot I was demoing them for a friend. Usually the loudest I'll ever have the HU up is like 35/60 at the MOST. It was only at 24 or 25, then out of nowhere, no bass. I go back to check, nothing's loose, the amp isn't hot at all, barely even warm. The protect light nor the power light is on on the amp, all wires still connected and sturdy, checked the inline fuse, it was fine, then tested the fuse in the amp and it was fine, but just to be sure, I replaced it (40A if it matters). Still no bass, but then after keeping the volume low for about 2 or 3 minutes, subs come back on, hitting just as hard as before they cut off, and the amp was doing fine, but after about 15 seconds of hitting, they just stopped again. Get home, still no bass, and find that the power wire was stripped to where only about 1/4 of the wire (thickness wise) was even in the terminal. So I re-strip it, put a 8G ring terminal on it, and put it in the amp. STILL no bass. Idiots up at the local shop said he'd have to blow one of the subs to see what was wrong with the system, and that's not happening. Any help is appreciated, and if it helps, no other electronics failed, so I don't think it was the battery or alty. And I do have some 0G that I'll be putting in soon, along with replacing the 12g speaker wire with 10g. I do have a spool of 4G, but idk if that'd be better, because not too far down the road I plan on upgrading to some sundowns, incriminator audios, dc's, etc. They say money can't buy you happiness...but money buys car audio...and car audio makes me happy. The man makes the money, the money shouldn't make the man. 1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4D Pioneer AVH-2400BT (Double DIN Conversion) (2) Skar VVX-12 D4 Crescendo BC2000D (2) MB Quart 4.125 Image Dynamics CTX 6.5 Components Infinity Reference 6032cf (4) Infinity Reference 6432cf (2) 48 sq ft. Damplifier Big 3 in 0G Optima YellowTop D75 under the Hood XS Power D1200 in the rear 2 Full runs 1/0 R.I.P. 1993 Cadillac Deville Touring 4D Pioneer DEH-P7200HD Headunit 2 Kicker Comp C15's Lanzar HTG257 2000W (For now) 2 Pioneer TS-G1344R Coaxials 2 Sound Ordnance P-35 2 Rockford Fosgate P1694 6X9's
Ray Posted April 25, 2012 Author Report Posted April 25, 2012 Sounds like its a load problem and the amp is shutting down. 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
ChromeJerome Posted April 25, 2012 Report Posted April 25, 2012 Like the thing is, the steup has been the same for a few months and I've played it even louder than that and nothing like this has happened. Do you mean that the amp isn't getting enough juice or too much? Cause the amp doesn't get hot at all and the light doesn't come on. They say money can't buy you happiness...but money buys car audio...and car audio makes me happy. The man makes the money, the money shouldn't make the man. 1999 Chevrolet Blazer LS 4D Pioneer AVH-2400BT (Double DIN Conversion) (2) Skar VVX-12 D4 Crescendo BC2000D (2) MB Quart 4.125 Image Dynamics CTX 6.5 Components Infinity Reference 6032cf (4) Infinity Reference 6432cf (2) 48 sq ft. Damplifier Big 3 in 0G Optima YellowTop D75 under the Hood XS Power D1200 in the rear 2 Full runs 1/0 R.I.P. 1993 Cadillac Deville Touring 4D Pioneer DEH-P7200HD Headunit 2 Kicker Comp C15's Lanzar HTG257 2000W (For now) 2 Pioneer TS-G1344R Coaxials 2 Sound Ordnance P-35 2 Rockford Fosgate P1694 6X9's
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.