C-Fizzy Posted June 5, 2012 Report Posted June 5, 2012 Check each coil of your sub(s) with a dmm. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
soundsystemaniac Posted June 6, 2012 Report Posted June 6, 2012 That pbus to 1/8th jack will work. But you already have an av input on the back of the deck. It is currently rca installed the unit the other day. pioneer p7500dvd didnt see av input on back of the deck, only on the brain. so i plugged rca to headphone into it, and cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get it to play through the radio. i dont know if i need to turn on the av input or what plx halp! Chevy astro 2 18s and 9k rms Walled!http://www.stevemead...rms-42-inch-tv/JEEP GRAN CHEROKEE SRT8 BUILD!2 JL AUDIO 15s trunk buildDC XL 15 buildDC level 3 18 buildhttp://www.stevemead...verunner-build/ http://www.facebook....hp?id=646651228
Jared420 Posted June 9, 2012 Report Posted June 9, 2012 Ray, just had a weird problem happen to me wondering where I should start looking. i have the appradio 2 which has 2 sets of preouts. the bose system in my silverado take 2 itself. I have my sub amp hooked to one set and the other set from the HU goes to a little JL module that just takes one rca in and puts out two at a higher voltage rather than using y splitters and splitting output voltage. been playin the system for a few weeks no problems at all but I was just on the way back from dinnner and when I turn the volume up and the bass up the speakers cut out and I just get bass. volume needs to be at a high level and I turn my knob up. its an audioque 2200 so I have the gain set but I use the knob to turn the bass down. I usually start off on minimum and just turn it up a bit to where it sounds good. I have the gain on the amp set so even with the knob up all the way I dont clip. but im wondering could this be a loose connection or is my sub amp stealing too much power causing the speakers to cut out? is that even possible? I was able to play as loud as I want since ive had it all installed and even on the way to dinner with my girlfriend. then on the way back a good song came on I turned it up and it started cutting out when the bass hits. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Ray Posted June 10, 2012 Author Report Posted June 10, 2012 Sounds like loose connection 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Ray Posted June 10, 2012 Author Report Posted June 10, 2012 7500dvd, might have to turn it on in the menu when the deck is off. So off, hold audio see if it says av anywhere Also make sure you have in in the av input not the output. 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Jared420 Posted June 10, 2012 Report Posted June 10, 2012 I'm going to check all my connections. But I have the little jl booster, my amp, and my stinger voltmeter all tied to the same ignition wire coming off the HU. The volt meter also seems to turn off and back on. The only thing is my second battery and alternator are separate from the stock so the bass being higher shouldn't affect my voltage at the headunit 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
boostin302 Posted June 10, 2012 Report Posted June 10, 2012 hey ray i was wondering if i ran my amps strapped, what it would do. there the BRZ2400.1 hifionics. running 2 12' treo SSX. there RMS at 2500 watts. would it be better to run the amps strapped to those or just one amp per sub. i just dont want to hurt the subs, ya know lol. thanks for your help man. josh My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/ 2001 Ford Mustang GT 4.6 SOHC 380HP 270 amp Mechman alt 2 12" Treo SSX custom built. 6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz 2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped 1 optima yellow top 1 Kinetic HC1800 14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire Big 3 in 1/0 100sq ft fatmat deadener 145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music Stop being a pussy and wall it off. I hate when my google breaks too I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.
Jared420 Posted June 11, 2012 Report Posted June 11, 2012 Sounds like loose connection Your right. Took the headunit out yesterday and saw one sketchy connection on the ignition wires to turn on all my acessories. I remade the connection and recrimped the connector seems to be working fine now thanks ray 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
boostin302 Posted June 13, 2012 Report Posted June 13, 2012 hey ray i was wondering if i ran my amps strapped, what it would do. there the BRZ2400.1 hifionics. running 2 12' treo SSX. there RMS at 2500 watts. would it be better to run the amps strapped to those or just one amp per sub. i just dont want to hurt the subs, ya know lol. thanks for your help man. josh My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/ 2001 Ford Mustang GT 4.6 SOHC 380HP 270 amp Mechman alt 2 12" Treo SSX custom built. 6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz 2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped 1 optima yellow top 1 Kinetic HC1800 14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire Big 3 in 1/0 100sq ft fatmat deadener 145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music Stop being a pussy and wall it off. I hate when my google breaks too I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.
Ray Posted June 13, 2012 Author Report Posted June 13, 2012 No idea. Would help to know what load speakers you have. 2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.