Sundown Audio

Why isn't RF's CP used more?

hdorre

Im just curious. I currently have a t1500-1bdCP, and am looking to upgrade. My options are getting another of the same amp, or selling mine and going another route.

So back to my title, why? Two ideas come to mind..

1) Price

2) Nuthuggery.. Uhh, I mean brand loyalty :D

Am I missing a bigger factor?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Price, I think ..... I wish I may have just bit the bullet and got 4-2500bdcp's.

But, I went another way.

Hmm.. so it really is that simple? Price.

Nobody has the money. Or else we would all be driving beamers and sipping on henny.

Fuck a Bimmer. Japanese all the way haha.. No, I can't talk shit about German Engineering.

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Iv had many fosgate amps, t1500, t2000, t400-4, p500, p1000, and they are very good amps which I find are underrated and have a nice clean sound to them. I personally think not too many people buy them mainly because of price. The t2500 for example gives you 2500 rms (very under rated) at 1 and 2 ohms, but not many people really need that. In my system for example, I get my subs to 1 ohm, so it makes sense to buy something else for the same amount of money that does more at 1 ohm and less at 2. I have friends that have t2500s, 1500s, etc, but its mainly because they like switching out subs and enclosures and being able to have near equal power at both 1 and 2 ohms is very handy. Thats my 2 cents, but they are very good amps.

I love my 2500. It think it comes down to price. Because it realy is an awesome amp one of my favorites.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

I hear RFs coming out with new products to the Power series in 2014. I hear higher rated SPL subs and bigger amps maybe. As to the topic price is probly the biggest factor. My builds all RF, i drive Japanese and had the $ to put towards there best equipment, accept a new sub amp, but its on the list. But i am running a 99 Power bd1000a1 in 1 ohm off a T1D2 12 (new model) so that might be proof of how solid there stuff is to keep putting out power after 14 yrs.

I hear RFs coming out with new products to the Power series in 2014. I hear higher rated SPL subs and bigger amps maybe. As to the topic price is probly the biggest factor. My builds all RF, i drive Japanese and had the $ to put towards there best equipment, accept a new sub amp, but its on the list. But i am running a 99 Power bd1000a1 in 1 ohm off a T1D2 12 (new model) so that might be proof of how solid there stuff is to keep putting out power after 14 yrs.

I hard about that too. Depending on the price, I hope they come out with a mid three thousand watt range amp that has constant power

LMFAO so true

New and the old together. One of the reason i havent upgrade is because this amp still puts out alot of clean power. Its not suppose to be 1 ohm stable but i have good electrical on it and it takes it great. I have no idea what its outting out wattage wise. 1000 watts in 2 ohm is the under rating! lol It would be nice to see it dyno'd. Next summer i plan to upgrade amp.

03LancerStereoBuildPart1012_zpsf878ebf2.

Archived