Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

messed up need help


brent379

Recommended Posts

Posted

Youre asking a sub thats not that strong to play well.and with authority below tuning. I think youre asking too much of what you have at this point. Id also suggest checking your crossovers and subsonic filters etc.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

The 90 could be part of the issue as well depending on length etc? Odds sre slim but its possible

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Ya I see what your saying but it shouldn't be any different then a slot port making a 90....I really think they're is just not enough port area...

Posted

Ya I see what your saying but it shouldn't be any different then a slot port making a 90....I really think they're is just not enough port area...

As before play at lower volume if it improves then the port may be an issue, if it works the same probably is something else.

BTW just tuning lower reduces your port area requirements.

Posted

take the 90 off the port, it messes up the port velocity, i have used 90's and 45's on areo ports and all have been a fail for me. fill in the old port exit and add a new out of the side of the box if you have the room.

Posted

Although port does seem small for the subs in question I am in agreement with everyone else, I think the 90 is killing your flow.

zr2usasig.jpg

Yeah, it's slower than your bowel movements.

Posted

Here is my opinion on having corners in your ports. If you port is large enough to keep the air velocities low having 90s or even 180s shouldn't make a difference. As long as they are properly rounded and have 45's in the corners the air should flow through them smoothly. Where you start running into issues is when your port area isn't big enough to keep the velocities low. Now you are taking a bad enough problem and making it much, much worse by forcing that air flow to go around corners.

So I'm not disagreeing with the other folks saying the 90 is the problem, I just think its part of the problem, not the whole problem.

I would do what Joe said and see if your problem goes away at lower volumes. I took a quick look in WinISD and with your box at that many watts you are going to have port velocities above 45 meters/sec. I don't know how accurate that number is compared to reality but if its anywhere close that's way WAY too high. If you go to a 42 sq in or bigger port that should get you down into the mid 20's for port velocity, I'd still prefer lower, but it would be a lot better than what you have now.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Am i wrong, but isn't the 2200 a little to much power for two SD10's d2 running at .5ohm? I know their great subs and can handle more than rated, but running them at slightly more than double the ratings, just seems like your taking a big chance burning up those subs.

truthsayer

Posted

Yes it is. Especially when you want it to slam the low low below tuning stuff. Oh ajd that 2 inch coil thing too.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...