Sundown Audio

Hifonics Zues Line

gattiboy13

It is like everything else in car audio you get what you pay for. You want cheap buy cheap you want quality you pay more.

There is one case that I can think of that there is an exception to the rule.

edit: not necessarily an exception but brand.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I'm still confused.

skar 2500 = $800

Q2200 = $460

how in the hell can there be that huge of a price difference? :unknw:

Not that I am into Skar at all (I think they are a shitty company.. decent product but shitty company).... The SK2500 is rated at closer to 3k I think. Still not worth $800 when you can buy the Q3500 for $800 but.. then again.. people will tell you that Sundown is shit compared to DD or that DC is shit compared to Sundown... People get hooked on their brand of choice and believe that anything that ISN'T that brand is of lower quality.

Hell... 5 years from now a lot of the current "good" companies will be looked down upon by people hugging the nuts of whatever the hot brand is at that time. It all goes in cycles. Remember when Precision Power, Rockford Fosgate, and JL held everyone's attention? Now look at them. Rockford still makes a decent amp, but you don't see that many competitors running them. Precision Power sold out, and JL is generally overpriced and underperforming (in my opinion). When sales drop due to new competition, some of the current brands we all love will eventually sell out, some will go out of business, and some will continue to try to charge top dollar for products that are no longer all that great.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

It is like everything else in car audio you get what you pay for. You want cheap buy cheap you want quality you pay more.

There is one case that I can think of that there is an exception to the rule.

And what is the exception??

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

pm'd

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I'm still confused.

skar 2500 = $800

Q2200 = $460

how in the hell can there be that huge of a price difference? :unknw:

That Skar quality though... :rollseyes:

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Edit: I'm going to stop posting on this thread. Getting tired of people just putting "I disagree" about something then not saying why. Just because you say you disagree doesn't mean shit unless you explain why. Another reason is of these damn hifonics threads turning into a mutt hugging thread of people trying to say there are a amassing brand for the price then never showing any real evadance in why and what makes them better. So I shall say bye bye to trying to help people from buying crap and to avoide arguments.

I'm sorry my short answer offended you, I was about to head out to work and wanted to throw out my quick opinion. Here is just 1 reason their newer line is well worth the money.

I have ran plenty of their amps in the past and have found that their 2013 line is the best yet. Hell, I just recieved my BRX2400.1D from UPS today.

As to the answer you gave OP, I feel he was ripped off if you expected such a high quality comment out of me.

"Bad I would stay away from hifonics. ALL there amps are not efficient and power hungry"

Could you have explained to him why they are bad? Do you have proof to back up your claim that ALL of them are not efficient and power hungry?

I think some of the brand hostility also stems from people feeling the need to justify the wisdom of their purchase. For example..

If I buy a Brand XXX Amp that does 2KW for $800

You buy Brand YYY Amp that does 2KW for $500

If both of our amps are the same quality, then I got screwed and paid extra for the badge right? So.. to avoid feeling like a dumbass, I have 2 options.. I can either;

A) Say your product is shit and doesn't produce the numbers (when in fact it might)

B) Say your product is decent but mine is better (more efficient/less distortion)

I would be willing to bet that the current "good" 2KW amps are all basically the same quality. Sundown, DD, DC, AQ, and possibly even Skar lol... Their ~2K offerings are all about the same, but their prices vary pretty widely.

Nut huggers will claim that their brand of choice has the best resistors/caps/diodes etc... but I guarantee that 99% of the people spouting this could not tell me the difference between a resistor with a gold band on the end vs one with a silver band vs one without one. I also know that some of you are a lot sharper than I am and could tell me things about components that would blow my mind.

In reality, it will make little to no difference in your output if the tolerance on XXX parts is 5% tighter than the tolerance on YYY parts. XXX could have an amp with "better" components, but if YYY built a better box, has stronger electrical or even has a car that is deadened better or accoustically better... then YYY wins anyway.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

You are pretty spot on about the amps. Alot of those amps are built in the same place. Thats why they are rated the way they are. Thats why they can also get away with selling them at different price points. Some use better parts better heatsinks even. Some engrave logos some silkscreen. It all factors into the price. I think we can all admit that aq/sq has pribably the best power to cost ratio right now. Anyone ever think why that is? Ever notice how.dimilar their products and ratings are to dd but yet cost less? My belief is since the company relstionship.is so close they shared tooling and dev costs or even went to the same factory and have them all made together with different cases etc. If you arent paying as much for em you can sell em cheaper. Now I dont think they are identical but im betting they are close.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived