Second Skin Audio

So the guy at the local audio shop told me...

bumpinTL364

I'm thinking along the lines of an SA-12, DD 1512, Skar VVX12v2 and the likes (I put my DCON 300watt sub in the trunk hooked up to a 300watt bash home amp and it was plenty loud) and pretty much any decent amp that can push around 700-750rms at 1 or 2ohms. I'll have about $800 total for the entire build, and after the HU, electrical, components, 4 channel amp, wiring, and build materials, I should have $400-$500 for the sub stage (does that sound about right?). I'm not going for any insane SPL obviously but I do want to feel it in my chest. I have around 4.5 cubes to play with and would like to tune around 33hz

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

I am thinking about stepping up too 800 or even 1000 watts but I'm thinking that will just destroy the trunk and I dont want to have to buy an insane amount of deadener or have to deaden the roof (300watt test setup had the headliner moving a decent amount for such low power)

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

heres my tidbit of input. i had a single 12 ported at about 35hz in the trunk of my car and have had a 2 10 sealed on the same power (around 500 watts) and the single 12 was louder and sounded better imo. rattled the crap out of my little car but i never use my back seat so i bought a 15 and have it ported in my back seat and on my 500 watts its rattling more stuff and i am trying to find a new car so that i have even more room to upgrade my system

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Both will sound good if the enclosure is built correctly and on adequate power ...

All depends on enclosure space you have to work with ... Generally you will have better luck installing the 10s than you would a single 12 ... What vehicle are we working with here ???

I'd browse other forums if you're looking for sq

i.e.

http://diymobileaudio.com/forum/

Why is this ??? SMD does have a Sound Quality section ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

My opinion I would do 2 -10 in woofers. Better balance of sound.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Box is key sir. Both should be similar in output in the same type of box built to their spec. Technically the 2 10's would be more reliable because it's more coil to cool and not as hard on a single driver. And the single 12 would be cheaper then buying 2 separate woofers.

But since your such low power I don't think the power distribution between 1 woofer or 2 woofers will be an issue.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

What vehicle are we working with here ???

To better help you achieve your goal ... This question needs to be answered to see what enclosure would better fit your vehicle ...

Knowing maximum enclosure demensions you have to work with will help in knowing the type of enclosure you need please ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived