Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

No I read it. And the only thing I see is him soldering a terminal with some mis guided idea that his crimp is actually doing anything. You really want to take the word of a guy who can't proofread his article before posting it?

There's no argument. This is a forum. It's a discussion. However... You are being irrationally stubborn IMO. A member on here posted a picture of one of his crimps cut open, and imply he's a liar because some paint rubbed off his hacksaw blade, saying it was solder. You refuse to listen to reason when I tried to explain to you the idea of cold welding. I even offered to show you first hand what a proper crimp looks like and you stuck your nose up at it.

So the only conclusion I can come to is that you enjoy wasting my time since you are too vain to consider that there might just be a better way to do things.

Conclusion. I'm dealing with a young arrogant child who thinks he knows it all. I tried to make you understand, but it is you who could not grasp what was being explained. Even giving you a link to the article, you still seem unable to grasp the simple physics. If it's not welded or solderd its not a complete solid one piece. So dont accuse me of being vain when your arrogance wont allow you to see the obvious. I tried discussing this politely but you always want to be a smart ass or know it all. In which your are not, my young friend. So i'm done discussing this issue. Good day and good night.

truthsayer

Simple physics? Tell you what... Rather than linking me an article someone else wrote, how about you write an "article" of sorts.

Explain to me these physics, and the role of crimping/squeezing a connection that is ultimately secured be solder. What makes this method better than traditional soldered connection?

ofc 1/0 and a copper lug, please show me the solder

IMG_20131116_014834_zps3300ff16.jpg

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Crimp wires has a tendency to loosen on time with car audio wire. It will start fraying away from crimped fitting. Solder is the professional way crimp is a short cut for failure. Crimp does not fuse itself to fitting like solder. Solder makes it one piece.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Crimp wires has a tendency to loosen on time with car audio wire. It will start fraying away from crimped fitting. Solder is the professional way crimp is a short cut for failure. Crimp does not fuse itself to fitting like solder. Solder makes it one piece.

Where are you getting the information from? Have you ever heard of a cold weld? Look and see if you stock battery cables are soldered.

I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.

Wrong, crimps will outlast you, even in situations where there are a lot of vibrations.

No I read it. And the only thing I see is him soldering a terminal with some mis guided idea that his crimp is actually doing anything. You really want to take the word of a guy who can't proofread his article before posting it?

There's no argument. This is a forum. It's a discussion. However... You are being irrationally stubborn IMO. A member on here posted a picture of one of his crimps cut open, and imply he's a liar because some paint rubbed off his hacksaw blade, saying it was solder. You refuse to listen to reason when I tried to explain to you the idea of cold welding. I even offered to show you first hand what a proper crimp looks like and you stuck your nose up at it.

So the only conclusion I can come to is that you enjoy wasting my time since you are too vain to consider that there might just be a better way to do things.

Conclusion. I'm dealing with a young arrogant child who thinks he knows it all. I tried to make you understand, but it is you who could not grasp what was being explained. Even giving you a link to the article, you still seem unable to grasp the simple physics. If it's not welded or solderd its not a complete solid one piece. So dont accuse me of being vain when your arrogance wont allow you to see the obvious. I tried discussing this politely but you always want to be a smart ass or know it all. In which your are not, my young friend. So i'm done discussing this issue. Good day and good night.

Hello Truthsayer, it seems you are unable to comprehend what cold fusion means and what 16-32 tons of pressure can do to a soft metal like copper even after having seen evidence of this.

Please look at Leo1103's image and show me where the solder is.

If a crimp is gastight or just waterproof, how will you be able to put a heavy viscous fluid like molten solder between the microscopic holes inbetween the strands if water can't get through it? :)

If it is gastight (like it should be with a good crimping tool) then there is no way possible that any fluid will fit in those microscopic holes, we are talking about a single air molecule not being able to penetrate those microscopic holes.

(you said you wanted oldtimers to chime in, I don't know what you exactly mean by that but I have been a member of SMD since feb 2009 and have been on this site since 2008.)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

My stock battery terminal was solder no longer there now resoldered fitting for new connections. Do what you want we dont have to argue. Life is to short to argue over everything.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Solder is the professional way for small wire gauge connections. My neighbor that runs electrical for major cell towers with 4/0 only uses crimp methods. Maybe you have only seen the cheap crimps with the cheap rubber boot. Copper is a soft metal hence how it fuses together with a proper crimp.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Archived