Winter tire recommendations

In the past between my wife's cars and mine we've always had good like with Michelin all season tires. Just recently since I don't want to spend the money on new tires for my car since they're new from when I got it, is to get the tires siped at discount tire. Made a world of difference for me and only costs $10/tire. I know sensei gets it done to his tires as well.

Discount Tire FTW

Im an assistant manager there, too bad you guys dont live around here it wouldnt be $10 a piece :drinks:

it works but wouldnt do it to a performance tire its gonna tear it up

so my car is absolutely horrible in the snow. fuggin summer tires.

stock tires are 235/40/18. was thinking of getting some blizzak ws70's.

any other ideas?

Didn't read the other replies.

Move where it isn't so fucking cold.

One set of tires.

/thread ;-)

lol pay for the gas and ill move in with you.

Are you kidding me? I don't want no damn Yankees livin in mah house!

What would the neighbors think?

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

In the past between my wife's cars and mine we've always had good like with Michelin all season tires. Just recently since I don't want to spend the money on new tires for my car since they're new from when I got it, is to get the tires siped at discount tire. Made a world of difference for me and only costs $10/tire. I know sensei gets it done to his tires as well.

Discount Tire FTW

Im an assistant manager there, too bad you guys dont live around here it wouldnt be $10 a piece :drinks:

it works but wouldnt do it to a performance tire its gonna tear it up

Oh hell no, but to a "decent" all season for sure. I think the dealer put Monarch's on mine? Pretty chunky summer road tire really, but with the siping process it does half decent in the snow. AWD helps though too.

EDIT: Nope, they're cheap shitty Kelley Navigators, shitty $80 tire. No wonder why they're so damn loud and have balancing weights out the ass.

you guys think those ebay tires are decent?theyre the ws60's instead of the 70's. last gen i assume. fairly cheap...assuming the price doesnt get too high.

Tires look legit. IMO 235 is a really wide winter tire for front wheel drive. The narrower the tire the more weight per square inch i.e. traction in loose pack snow. I don;t feel you would get the results your looking for but I could be wrong.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Guy I work with knows tires like we do car audio. Wayyy too much lol

I'll ask him next time I see him.

Need to know the following:

Budget

Goals for the tire

What sort of load rating do you need

List of what's important to you, in order (cost, ride quality, traction, noise level, tread life, run-flat or no)

Do NOT get siping. All they do it cut slits in the tire across the tread that effectively mimics dry rot. It's an easy way for them to make money and waste your time/ruin a tire.

Archived